The Research of Improved Apriori Algorithm
According to the weakness of Apriori algorithm, such as too many scans of the database and vast candidate itemsets, this chapter proposes an improved Apriori algorithm which scans the database only once by using arrays to store data. In addition, the new algorithm sorts the frequent itemsets from small to large according to their supports before they are connected, so as to optimize the connection strategy and eliminate redundant candidate itemsets as far as possible. Experimental result shows that the algorithm can save memory space and improve the efficiency of the algorithm.
KeywordsAssociation rule Apriori algorithm Array Frequent itemsets Candidate itemsets
This research was supported by National Key Technology R&D Program (2009BAG12A10), China Railway Ministry major task (2008G017-A) and the State Key Laboratory of Rail Traffic Control and Safety (RCS2009ZT007).
- 1.Xiaohui Ma (2011) An improvement research on Apriori algorithm. Modern Comp 6:6–8Google Scholar
- 2.Wanjun Yu, Xiaochun Wang, Fangyi Wang et al (2008) The research of improved Apriori algorithm for Mining Association Rules. In: 11th IEEE international conference on communication technology (ICCT). Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc, Hangzhou, pp 513–516Google Scholar
- 3.Savasere A, Omiecinski E, Navathe S (1995) An efficient algorithm for mining association rules in large databases. In: VLDB ’95 Proceedings of the 21th international conference on very large data bases. Morgan Kaufmann Publishers Inc., San Francisco, pp 432–444Google Scholar
- 4.Brin S, Motwani R, Ullman JD et al (1997) Dynamic item sets counting an implication rules for market basket data. In: Proceedings of the 1997 ACM SIGMOD international conference on Management of data. New York, 26(2):255–264Google Scholar
- 6.Yingchun Peng (2011) An improved association rule mining algorithm Apriori. J Shenzhen Inform Technol Coll 1:14–17Google Scholar