Eco-Efficiency of Circular Economy Development in Hunan Province
On the base of the essentials of circular economy and connotations of eco-efficiency, an eco-efficiency index system for assessing the circular economy of Hunan Province is established with reference to local and international research. By using the established index system, variations in the economy and eco-efficiency for the period from 2001 to 2010 are analyzed. The results indicate that Hunan provincial GDP achieves a high and rapid growth during the last 10 years. Concurrently eco-efficiency indicators display different changing laws.
KeywordsCircular economy Co-efficiency Index system Hunan Province
This paper is supported by Scientific Research Fund of Hunan Provincial Education Department (No.10C0676, 11C0524), and the Hunan Provincial Philosophy & Society Science Foundation (No. Xiang Zhe She Ling 13).
- 1.Zhu Dajian, Qiu Shoufeng (2006) Eco-efficiency as the appropriate measurement of circular economy. China Popul Resour Environ 16(5):1–6Google Scholar
- 2.Qiu Shoufeng, Zhu Dajian (2007) Eco-efficiency indicators for China and their applications. Sci Manag Res 25(1):20–24Google Scholar
- 4.Su Fang, Yan Xi (2010) Ecological efficiency of developing circular economy in Yunnan Province. J WUT (Inf Manag Eng) 32(5):791–794Google Scholar
- 5.Han Ruiling, Tong Lianjun, Song Yanan (2011) Analysis of circular economy of Liaoning Province based on eco-efficiency. Acta Ecol Sin 31(16):4732–4740Google Scholar
- 6.Schaltegger S, Sturm A (1990) Okologische rationalitat: ansatzpunkte zur ausgestaltung yon okologieorienttierten management instrumenten. Die Unternehmung 4:273–290Google Scholar
- 7.Bjorn Stigson (2000) Eco-efficiency: creating more value with less impact. WBCSD 8:5–36Google Scholar
- 8.Organization for economic co-operation and development (OECD) (1998) eco-efficiency, Paris, 7–11Google Scholar