Panama Canal Update
The Panama Canal extension project is, arguably, the most important current transportation project in the world today. It will allow most Post-Panamax vessels to use the canal and is likely to change transportation flow patterns throughout North and South America, as well as port loads and transportation flows inland in the Americas. This paper gives a short update on the status of the project and its likely impacts.
KeywordsPanama Canal Competitive Response Ocean Carrier Sting Operation Port Load
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- A Plan to Unlock Prosperity. The Economist (2009)Google Scholar
- Autoridad del Canal de Panamá (ACP), El Faro Revista Informativa de la Autoridad del Canal de Panama Enero (2011)Google Scholar
- Autoridad del Canal de Panamá (ACP), Panama Canal Expansion Program (2010), http://www.pancanal.com/eng/expansion/informes-de-avance/avance.html
- Severson, K.: A Race to Capture a Bounty from Shipping. NY Times (2011)Google Scholar
- US DOT (Department of Transportation), U.S. Waterborne Foreign Container Trade by U.S. Custom Ports (2009), http://www.marad.dot.gov/library_landing_page/date_and_statistics/Data_and_Statistics.html