Web-Based Material Science Data Sharing Platform for Highway Engineering
Construction materials account for significant part of highway construction cost. Performance and cost of the materials should be considered comprehensively. However, most performance data of the materials are kept in literatures, research reports, standards and specifications. It is hard to collect these data of different forms from corresponding orgranizations. So, in practice, these data are not used in material selection of highway engineering at all.
In order to apply the valuable data into practice, in this work, performance data of the materials are gathered from various sources. All the data are processed to a standard form provided by the system. Thus, the users of related areas can access the data easily. In order to make the system more friendly to the end users, full-text search engine is integrated in the system.
In this work, metadata of each material performance data record is kept in the database managment system. When each record is added in the system, lucene is employed to create full-text index of the data. Thus, both metadata search and full-text search of materials data are available.
The system has been used in practice for ten months. According to the practical application results, the users can easily share their data and access them. The data are also presented intuitively and vividly.
KeywordsMaterial Data User Permission Content Management System Highway Engineer Enterprise Content Management
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ding, Y., Yi, K., Xiang, R.: Design of paper duplicate detection system based on lucene. In: 2010 Asia-Pacific Conference on Wearable Computing Systems (APWCS), pp. 36–39 (April 2010)Google Scholar
- 2.Kwok, K.H.S., Chiu, D.K.W.: A web services implementation framework for financial enterprise content management. In: Proceedings of the 37th Annual Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, p. 10 (January 2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Li, S., Lv, X., Ling, F., Shi, S.: Study on efficiency of full-text retrieval based on lucene. In: International Conference on Information Engineering and Computer Science, ICIECS 2009, p. 1 (December 2009)Google Scholar
- 4.Liu, C., Guo, Q.: Analysis and research of web chinese retrieval system based lunece. In: First International Workshop on Education Technology and Computer Science, ETCS 2009, vol. 1, pp. 1051–1055 (March 2009)Google Scholar
- 5.Zi-jing, J.: The analysis and design of the content management system based on j2ee. In: 2009 International Conference on Signal Processing Systems, pp. 829–833 (May 2009)Google Scholar