A Cache Based Multi-join Query Method with Two-Phase Processing in MANET
In this paper, we study the problem of join query in MANET and propose a new type of join query called Single-join Query Based on Caching (SQBC). This problem is proved to be a NP-hard problem and we present two polynomial approximate greedy algorithms (SOCA and MOCA) to solve the single-join query and multi-join query respectively. Both of these algorithms can ensure the low energy consumption. Moreover, MOCA can reduce the response time of query processing and minimize the energy consumption by considering the overhead of join query. Theoretical analysis and experimental results show that the algorithms proposed in this paper can effectively reduce the energy consumption, prolong the survival period of the network and enhance query efficiency.
KeywordsSensor Network Network Size Data Item Query Processing Query Optimization
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ying, L., Liu, Z., Towsley, D., Xia, C.H.: Distributed operator placement and data caching in large-scale sensor networks. In: Proceedings of the IEEE INFOCOM, pp. 977–985 (2008)Google Scholar
- 2.Lim, S.H., Yu, C.S., Das, C.R.: Cooperative Cache Invalidation Strategies for Internet-Based Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks. In: Proceedings of the 18th International Conference on Computer Communications and Networks (ICCCN 2009), pp. 1–6 (2009)Google Scholar
- 3.Huang, Y., Cao, J.N., Jin, B.H., Tao, X.P., Lu, J., Feng, Y.L.: Flexible Cache Consistency Maintenance over Wireless Ad Hoc Networks. IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems (2009)Google Scholar
- 4.Zhou, D.P., Gao, J.: Opportunistic Processing and Query of Motion Trajectories in Wireless Sensor Networks. In: Proceedings of the IEEE INFOCOM, pp. 1197–1205 (2009)Google Scholar
- 5.Ke, H.: Two-phase query optimization in mobile Ad Hoc wireless networks. In: Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Computing and Intelligent Systems(ICIS 2009), pp. 515–520 (2009)Google Scholar
- 6.Zhu, X.J., Himanshu, G., Tang, B.: Join of Multiple Data Streams in Sensor Networks. IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, 1722-1736 (2009)Google Scholar
- 7.Stern, M., Buchmann, E., Böhm, K.: Towards Efficient Processing of General-Purpose Joins in Sensor Networks. In: Proceedings of the 2009 IEEE International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE 2009), pp. 126–137 (2009)Google Scholar
- 8.Shi, Y., Hou, Y.T.: Theoretical results on base station movement problem for sensor network. In: Proceedings of the IEEE INFOCOM, pp. 376–384 (2008)Google Scholar