Offshore Structures Versus Land-Based Structures
Offshore structures (Fig. 2.1) with their facilities are used to drill wells, to extract and process oil and natural gas, or to temporarily store product until it can be brought to shore for refining and marketing.
KeywordsGround Motion Wind Turbine Natural Period Wave Loading Mooring Line
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- 1.Chakrabarti S (ed) (2005) Handbook of offshore structures. Elsevier, OxfordGoogle Scholar
- 2.Gerwick BCJ (1986) Construction of offshore structures. Wiley, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 3.Reddy DV, Arockiasamy M (1991) Offshore structures. Krieger Publishing Company, MalabarGoogle Scholar
- 4.Clauss G et al (1992) Offshore structures. Conceptual design and hydromechanics (translated by MJ Shields), vol 1. Springer, BerlinGoogle Scholar
- 5.Jia J (2016) Soil dynamics and foundation modeling: offshore and earthquake engineering. Springer, HeidelbergGoogle Scholar
- 7.Pike J (2011) Compliant tower. http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/ship/platform-compliant-tower.htm
- 9.van Wijngaarden M (2013) Concept design of steel bottom founded support structures for offshore wind turbines. Delft University of TechnologyGoogle Scholar
- 12.Sharpe RL, Newmark NM (1977) Extending seismic design provisions for buildings to the design of offshore structures. Offshore technology conference, Houston, Texas, May 1977Google Scholar
- 14.Smith CE (1997) Dynamic response of steel-jacket platform subject to measured seafloor earthquake ground motions. In: Proceedings 8th international conference on the behaviour of offshore structures, BOSS’97, vol 3. Delft: Pergamon, Elsevier Science Ltd., Oxford, EnglandGoogle Scholar
- 15.Sleefe GE (1990) The long-term measurement of strong-motion earthquakes offshore South California. In: Proceedings of OTC 1990, society of petroleum engineers, Richardson, TexasGoogle Scholar
- 16.Kuo YS, Abdel Rahman K, Wu KT, Huang TY, Achmus M (2014) Suitability of a pile group foundation for an offshore wind turbine. In: Proceedings of the 24th international ocean and polar engineering conference, BusanGoogle Scholar
© Springer-Verlag GmbH Germany 2017