Random Flow Generation Technique for Civil Aircraft Jet Simulations with the ZDES Approach
This paper presents ZDES simulations of jets on industrial configure-tions, taking into account the turbulent flow rate coming from the engine. The strong influence of this turbulent ratio on the jet development has already been demonstrated in previous researches and it has to be taken into account for such realistic simulations. Hence, a turbulent flow generator module for LES-like simulations was first developed and validated. Next, studies on industrial double flux configurations are presented and compared with dedicated experiments. The results show that the ZDES simulations presented are in a very good agreement with measurements and the averaged mean and turbulent results into the jets are properly predicted thanks to the turbulent flow generation technique.
KeywordsShear Layer Turbulence Level Turbulence Length Scale Attached Boundary Layer Shock Wave Location
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Brunet, V., Molton, P., Bézard, H., Deck, S.: Advanced Experimental and Numerical Investigations of an Aircraft Powerplant Configuration. In: 28th AIAA Applied Aerodynamics Conference, AIAA2010-4814, Chicago (2010)Google Scholar
- 7.Spalart, P., Allmaras, S.: A One Equation Turbulence Model for Aerodynamic Flows. La Recherche Aérospatiale 1, 5–21 (1994)Google Scholar
- 8.Spalart, P., Jou, W., Strelets, M., Allmaras, S.: Comments on the Feasibility of LES for Wings and on a Hybrid RANS/LES approach. In: Proceedings of 1st AFSOR Int. Conf. on DES/LES, Ruston, pp. 137–147 (1997)Google Scholar
- 11.Deck, S.: Recent Improvements of the Zonal-Detached Eddy Simulation (ZDES) Formulation. Submitted to Theoritical and Computational Fluid Dynamics Journal (2011)Google Scholar
- 12.Chauvet, N., Deck, S., Jacquin, L.: Detached Eddy Simulation of a Controlled Propulsive Jet. AIAA J. 43(7), 1556–1566Google Scholar
- 13.Girard, S., Collin, E., Delville, J., Bonnet, J.-P., Benyahia, A., Fourment, C., Lebedev, A., Foulon, H., Braud, P., Royer, A., Laurent, P., Huet, L.: Etude aérodynamique de jets coaxiaux (rapport d’analyse). CEAT – LEA Poitiers, France (2009)Google Scholar