Sensitivity Analysis on the Influence Factors of Software Reliability Based on Diagnosis Reasoning
There are some uncertain factors (i.e. environment factors) in the software development process which have direct or indirect influence on software reliability. This paper uses the Bayesian network to construct the software reliability qualitative evaluation topology structure based on the environment factors and analyzes the sensitivity of these influence factors by diagnosis reasoning of the Bayesian network for determining the environment factors which have important influence on the improvement of software reliability. The results of the sensitivity analysis may propose the decision reference for improving the resource allocation and the level of software reliability under the condition of resource restriction.
Keywordsdiagnosis reasoning software reliability influence factor sensitivity analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Michael, R.L.: Handbook of software reliability engineering. McGraw-Hill and IEEE Computer Society Press, New York (1996)Google Scholar
- 3.Neil, M., Fenton, N.E.: Predicting Software Quality using Bayesian belief networks. In: Proceedings of the 21st Annual Software Engineering Workshop, 1996, pp. 217–230. NASA Goddard Space Flight Centre (1996)Google Scholar
- 6.Wu, G.Q., Wei, J., Huang, T.: A Dynamic QoS Assessment Approach for Internetware with Uncertainty Reasoning. Journal of Software 19(5), 1173–1185 (2008) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 7.Li, H.F., Lu, M.Y., Li, Q.Y.: Summary of the Research on Software Reliability Modeling Considering Environment Factors. National Doctoral Academic Forum of Aeronautics & Astronautics (2008)Google Scholar
- 9.IEEE Std 982.1-1988, IEEE Standard Dictionary of Measures to Produce Reliable SoftwareGoogle Scholar
- 10.Hoang, P.: Software reliability. Springer, Singapore (2000)Google Scholar