The Community Model of Integrated Natural Disaster Risk Governance in China
Communities are the smallest unit of government administration and the foundation for disaster prevention and reduction and risk governance. Community integrated risk governance lies at the core of improving regional and national integrated risk governance abilities. It is also an important part in improving “top down” and “bottom up” integrated risk governance modes.
KeywordsDisaster Risk Disaster Risk Reduction Disaster Prevention Disaster Reduction Safe Community
- China National Disaster Reduction Commission Office. 2008a. Manual for urban community disaster prevention and reduction. (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- China National Disaster Reduction Commission Office. 2008b. Manual for rural community disaster prevention and reduction. (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Ding, S.S. 2006. Disaster management and safe community construction, 284–286. Beijing: Qunyan Press. (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Shi, P.J., and Y.H. Liu. 2009. Chinese paradigm of catastrophe risk governance. Journal of US–China Public Administration 6(6): 18–28. (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- The State Council of the People’s Republic of China. 2007. National plan for comprehensive disaster reduction in the eleventh five-year. http://www/jianzai.gov.cn. (in Chinese).
- United Nations International Strategy for Disaster Reduction (UNISDR). 2005. Hyogo framework for action 2005–2015: building the resilience of nations and communities to disasters.Google Scholar