Multi-tilde-bar operators allow us to extend regular expressions. The associated extended expressions are compatible with the structure of Glushkov automata and they provide a more succinct representation than standard expressions. The aim of this paper is to examine the derivation of multi-tilde-bar expressions. Two types of computation are investigated: Brzozowski derivation and Antimirov derivation, as well as the construction of the associated automata.
KeywordsPartial Derivative Regular Expression Regular Language Free List Distincts Symbol
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 6.Brzozowski, J.A.: Quotient complexity of regular languages. Journal of Automata, Languages and Combinatorics 15(1/2), 71–89 (2010)Google Scholar
- 9.Caron, P., Champarnaud, J.M., Mignot, L.: Multi-bar and multi-tilde regular operators. Journal of Automata, Languages and Combinatorics 16(1), 11–26 (2011)Google Scholar
- 11.Caron, P., Champarnaud, J.M., Mignot, L.: A general frame for the derivation of regular expressions (submitted, 2012)Google Scholar
- 15.Conway, J.H.: Regular algebra and finite machines. Chapman and Hall (1971)Google Scholar
- 16.Frishert, M.: FIRE Works & FIRE Station: A finite automata and regular expression playground. Ph.D. thesis, Eindhoven University, Netherlands (2005)Google Scholar
- 23.Sulzmann, M., Lu, K.: Partial derivative regular expression pattern matching (December 2007) (manuscript)Google Scholar