Performance Comparison of Rectangular and Circular Patch Microstrip Yagi Antenna
In navigational, radar, satellite etc, requires less weight, low profile, and high gain antennas. These are possible at microwave frequency range and can be named as microstrip antennas. In this paper, the microstrip antennas are designed in C-Band (at 4.3GHz) in rectangular and circular patch arrays with parasitic elements placed in H-plane coupling. Here the MATLAB code is developed and observed the response interms of radiation pattern, half power points and directivity. This work extended by varying substrate height, relative permittivity, gap between element to element and frequency etc. Further these parameters are simulated in ANSOFT-HFSS TM V9.0 simulator and compared.
KeywordsRectangular patch circular patch array directivity return loss
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Balanis, C.A.: Antenna Theory: Analysis and Design, 2nd edn. John Wiley and Sons, NewYorkGoogle Scholar
- 2.Huang, J.: Planar Microstrip Yagi Array Antenna. IEEE Trans. on Antennas and Propag., 894–897 (February 1989)Google Scholar
- 3.Yang-Chang, et al.: Design of a 38 GHz Printed Yagi Antenna with Multiple Directors. IEEE Trans. on Antennas and Propag., 606–609 (January 2001)Google Scholar
- 4.Lee, K.F., et al.: Micro strip Antenna Array with Parasitic Elements. In: IEEE AP-S Symposium Digest, pp. 794–797 (June 1987)Google Scholar
- 5.Haneishi, M., et al.: Beam-Shaping of Micro strip Antenna by Parasitic Elements having Coaxial Stub. Trans. IECE of Japan 69-B, 1160–1161 (1986)Google Scholar
- 6.Garima, et al.: Broadband Circular Patch Microstrip antenna with Diamond Shape Slot for Space Communication. In: International Conference on Emerging trends in Electronic and Photonic Devices & Systems (ELECTRO 2009), pp. 332–335 (2009)Google Scholar
- 7.Gray, D.P., et al.: Xperimental Study of Parasitically Steered, Fixed Beam Microstrip Patch Arrays. IEEE Trans. on Antennas and Propag., 1276–1279 (March 1997)Google Scholar
- 8.Sim, C.Y.D., et al.: Design of an annular Ring Microstrip Antenna for Circular Polarization. IEEE Trans. on Antennas and Propag., 471–474 (August 2004)Google Scholar
- 10.Durga Prasad, T., et al.: Comparisons of Circular and Rectangular Microstrip Patch Antennas. International Journal of Communication Engineering Aplications 2(4), 187–197 (2011)Google Scholar