KM System Evaluation – A Hybrid Approach Using Four Dimension Metric Database and WAM
A Knowledge Management (KM) System plays a crucial role in every industry as well as in Higher Learning Institutions. Based on our earlier research works, we have identified the gaps, challenges and developed comprehensive KM System framework, evaluation methods, metric model and useful metrics which are helpful to assess any given knowledge management system. The primary goal of this research paper is to propose the methodology for ranking and rating of the KM system using Multi-dimensional metric model, metric database and Weighted Average Mean (WAM) method. In this proposed work, we first describe the actual implementation steps for building the KM System metric database using the multi-dimensional metric model. Secondly we assign the weights and values generated in the metric database and demonstrate how the KM system can be ranked and rated for its effectiveness.
KeywordsKnowledge Management Systems (KMS) Metrics Multi-dimensional model Evaluation Metrics Database Ranking Weighted Average Mean (WAM)
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Subramanian, D.V., Geetha, A.: Guidelines and Effectiveness of Using Social Media Tools For Knowledge Sharing Communities. In: National Conference on Knowledge Intelligence and Telematics, Gujarat, India (2011)Google Scholar
- 2.Dayanandan, V.S., Geeteha, A.: Adaptation of Goal Question Metric Technique For Evaluation of Knowledge Management Systems. Review of Knowledge Management Journal 1 (January-June 2011) ISSN:2231-5845Google Scholar
- 3.Dayanandan, V.S., Geeteha, A., Hussain, M.: Measurement Process and Multi-dimensional Model For Evaluating Knowledge Management Systems. In: International Conference on Research and Innovation in Information Systems, International Islamic University, Malaysia (IIUM) and Universiti Teknologi Malaysia(UTM), Indexed by IEEE & SCOPUS (November 2011)Google Scholar
- 4.Krishnamurthy, D., Rolia, J., Xu, M.: WAM – The Weighted Average Method for Predicting the Performance of Systems with Bursts of Customer Sessions. IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering (2011) 0098-5589/11 Google Scholar
- 5.Han, J., Sun, Y., Yan, X., Yu, P.S.: Mining Knowledge from Databases: An Information Network Analysis Approach. In: SIGMOD 2010, June 6-11. ACM, Indianapolis (2010) 978-1-4503-0032-2/10/06Google Scholar
- 6.ZadJabbari, B., Wongthongtham, P., Hussain, F.K.: Ontology based Approach in Knowledge Sharing Measurement. Communications of the IBIMA 11 (2010) ISSN: 1943-7765Google Scholar