A Naive Approach for Prediction of Sectorial Stock Market
Much exploration can be done in the area of sectorial stock market prediction.We propose that forecasting and analysis work performed on sectorial market yield better predictability and forecasting rather than overall stock market. The research attempts to ascertain the importance of different sectors of Indian stock market. Prediction also forms the basis for safe investment as market risk is diversified into number of available sectors. We propose a methodology in which our major concern is bit micro level. Instead of giving whole focus to Stock market, we had considered on the working of individual sectors of stock market. A model is proposed in which key factors are supplied as input in the lower layer, the middle layer comprises of one or more tools such as Neural network, Genetic Algorithms etc, which will provide output and thus an intelligent and smart decision can be achieved by studying and analyzing the output.
KeywordsSectorial Prediction Neural Network stock market sectors
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Quah, T.-S., Srinivasan, B., Lee, M.P.-C.: Sectorial Stock market Prediction using Neural Network: Some Limitations, www.ntu.edu.sg/eee/icis/cv/publication/QTS/c_37.pdf
- 2.Quah, T.-S., Srinivasan, B.: Improving Accuracy of Stock Indices Predictions using Neural Network Forecasts with Sectorial Focuses, http://www.ntu.edu.sg/eee/icis/cv/publication/QTS/c_36.pdf
- 3.Paranjape, P., Despande, U.: An Association Rule Mining based stock market recommender System. In: 2011 Second International Conference on Emerging Applications of Information Society, pp. 21–24. IEEE Computer Society (2011)Google Scholar
- 4.Dase, R.K., Pawar, D.D.: Application of Artificial Neural Network for stock market predictions: A review of literature. Internation Journal of Machine Intelligence 2(2), 14–17 (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Choudhary, R., Garg, K.: A Hybrid Machine Learning System for Stock Market Forecasting. World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology 39, 315–318 (2008)Google Scholar
- 6.Abdelmouez, G., Hashem, S.R., Atiya, A.F., El-Gamal, M.A.: Neural Network Vs. Linear Models for Stock Market Sectors Forecasting. In: Proceedings of International Joint Conference on Neural Networks, Orlando, Florida, USA, August 12-17, pp. 1–5. IEEE (2007)Google Scholar
- 8.Chakravarty, S., Dash, P.K.: Forecasting Stock Market Indices Using Hybrid Network. In: World Congress on Nature & Biological Inspired Computing (NaBIC 2009), pp. 1225–1230. IEEE (2009)Google Scholar
- 11.IFIN Research Report, Sector Report – Banking Sector. Banking Sector Still on Recovery path in FY11, p. 16 (April 20, 2010) Google Scholar
- 13.Jung-Hua, Leu, J.Y.: Stock market Trend Prediction using ARIMA based Neural Networks, pp. 2160–2165. IEEE (1996)Google Scholar
- 15.Li, R.-J., Xiong, Z.-B.: Forecasting stock market with Fuzzy neural networks. In: Proceedings of 2005 International Conference on Machine Learning and Cybernetics, vol. 6, pp. 3475–3479 (2005)Google Scholar
- 16.King, C., Vandrot, C., Weng, J.: A SVM Approach to Stock Trading, http://cs229.stanford.edu/proj2009/KingVandrotWeng.pdf