A Software Quantitative Assessment Method Based on Software Testing
To evaluate software quality objectively and accurately is an important subject. Drawing ideas from analytic hierarchy process and fuzzy comprehensive evaluation algorithm, this paper gives a quantitative assessment method based on hierarchic software trustworthy model. The method makes uses of knowledge discovery in database techniques to obtain the weights of all software trustworthy factors, exploits software testing results to obtain software assessing data, and accomplishes finally quantitative assessment through a simple data fitting techniques. Practice has proved that it can effectively reduce the subjectivity of software evaluation process and so significantly improve the accuracy of assessment result.
KeywordsSoftware Quality Evaluation Quantitative Assessment Method Software Trustworthy Software Testing Knowledge Discovery in Databases
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Boehm, B.W., Brown, J.R.: Quantitative Evaluation of Software Quality. In: 2nd Int. Conference on Software Engineering. IEEE Computer Society, New York (1979)Google Scholar
- 2.Godbole, N.S.: Software Quality Assurance. Narosa Publishing House, New Delhi (2004)Google Scholar
- 3.ISO/IEC 9126, Information Technology—Software Product Evaluation—Quality Characteristics and Guidelines for Their Use. 1st edn. (1991)Google Scholar
- 5.Dong, J.L., Shi, N.G.: Research and Improvement of The Fuzzy Synthesis Evaluation Algorithm Based on Software Quality. Computer Engineering and Science 29(1), 66–68 (2007)Google Scholar
- 6.Laprie, J.C.: Dependable Computing and Fault Tolerance: Concepts and Terminology. In: Proc. 15th IEEE Int. Symposium On Fault-Tolerant Computing(FTCS-15), Ann Arbor, Michigan, pp. 2–11 (1985)Google Scholar
- 7.Chen, H.W., Wang, J., Wei, D.: High Confidence Software Engineering Technologies. Acta Electronica Sinica 31(12A), 1933–1938 (2003)Google Scholar
- 8.Liu, W.H., Zhang, W.X., et al.: Research on Software Trustworthy Analysis and Assessment Methods. Major pre-research Project on Lunar Exploration Engineering, phase 2nd (2011) (unpublished)Google Scholar