High Power C+L Wave Band Er-doped Optical Fiber Photosource Design and Experiment
In order to obtain one kind of high performance C+L wave band wide band er-doped optical fiber photosource, through uses 980nm and a 1480nm light emitting diode takes the pumping source, with two 3dB wide band coupler took the optical fiber reflector, simultaneously lets the photosource output light using the power control circuit be stable, has carried on the experiment and the theory confirmation to the design photosource, has obtained the power is 168.67mW (22.27 dBm), the band width achieves 80.701 nm(1525.112-1605.813nm) C+L wave band wide band photosource. The result indicated that, starts experimental two 980nm and a 1480nm diode takes the pumping source, afterwards changes 980nm and a 1480nm diode takes the pumping source, has not reduced the photosource the output, also has not changed the stability. This result to reduces the photosource the cost, enhanced the smooth transformed efficiency to have the actual value.
KeywordsFiber optics C+L band erbium- doped fiber fiber loop mirror amplified spontaneous emission (ASE)
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Gao, X.S., Gao, C.Q., Song, X.Y., et al.: Theoretical Analysis and Experimental Study of Outputcharacteristics of Er3+ Doped Ring Cavity Fiber Laser. Infrared and Laser Engineering 35(5), 573–578 (2006)Google Scholar
- 2.Qiao, X.G., Xi, C.L., Jiang, Z.H., et al.: A Simple High Capability C+L Broad Bandwidth Erbium2doped Fiber Source. Semiconductor Optoelect. Ronics 28(1), 23–26 (2007)Google Scholar
- 3.Guo, X.D., Qiao, X.G., Jiang, Z.H., et al.: A Novel C+L Band Erbium2doped Fiber Broadband Light Source with High Power. Chinese J. Lasers 32(5), 6092612 (2005)Google Scholar
- 4.Guo, X.D., Qiao, X.G., Jiang, Z.H., et al.: Highpower, High Flattening C+L Band Erbium2doped Fiber Source Based on Fiber Loop Mirror. Opt. Pre2cision Eng. 13(2), 205–210 (2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Yu, Z.L., Gao, C.Y., Zeng, D.Y., et al.: Study of the Surface Qualities of Laser Shock Processing Zones Using an Artificial Neural Network. Laser Technology 25(1), 1–6 (2001)Google Scholar
- 6.Guo, X.D., Qiao, X.G., Jiang, Z.H., et al.: A High-power Erbium-doped Fiber Super-fluorescent Source. Acta Photonica Sinica 33(11), 1298–1300 (2004)Google Scholar
- 7.Guo, X.D., Qiao, X.G., Jiang, Z.H., et al.: A Simple High Power L-band Superfluorescent Fiber Source. Acta Photonica Sinica 35(3), 428–430 (2006); Laser Technology 29(4), 364–369 (2005)Google Scholar