Detection of Cerebral Aneurysm by Performing Thresholding-Spatial Filtering-Thresholding Operations on Digital Subtraction Angiogram
Cerebral aneurysm (CA) has been emerging as one of the life threatening diseases which have developed a deep concern amongst the neurologists in recent years. To be specific, it shows devastating characteristic due to the formation of abnormal bulging of artery in human brain followed by its rupture. Therefore detection of this abnormality prior to the rupture becomes inevitably essential to save our lives to a great extent. This paper throws enough light in detecting cerebral aneurysm of various sizes by combining the operations of spatial filtering and thresholding in an elegant way. A number of Digital Subtraction Angiogram (DSA) images, affected by cerebral aneurysm of various magnitudes, have been taken into consideration in this connection. Finally, the affected area has been marked with red colour to make it more prominent than the other parts of the image.
KeywordsDigital Subtraction Angiography Intracranial Aneurysm Lattice Boltzmann Method Cerebral Aneurysm Size Aneurysm
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.Wang, Y., Courbebaisse, G., Zhu, Y.M.: Segmentation of Giant Cerebral Aneurysms using a Multilevel Object Detection Scheme Based on Lattice Boltzmann Method. In: Proc. IEEE International Conference on Signal Processing, Xi’an, China, September 14-16 (2011)Google Scholar
- 6.Zakaria, H., Kurniawan, A., Mengko, T.L.R., Santoso, O.S.: Detection of Cerebral Aneurysms by Using Time Based Parametric Color Coded of Cerebral Angiogram. In: Proc. International Conference on Electrical Engineering and Informatics, Bandung, Indonesia, July 17-19 (2011)Google Scholar
- 8.Gonzalez, R.C., Woods, R.E.: Digital Image Processing, 2nd edn., pp. 595–611. Pearson Education, ISBN 81-7808-629-8Google Scholar
- 9.McAndrew, A.: An Introduction to Digital Image Processing with MATLAB Notes for SCM 2511 Image Processing, pp. 1–264. School of Computer Science and Mathematics, Victoria University of TechnologyGoogle Scholar
- 10.Pratt, W.K.: Digital Image Processing, 3rd edn. Wiley (2001)Google Scholar