Evolutionary Multi-Objective Optimization for Data-Flow Testing of Object-Oriented Programs
This paper presents a Class-Based Elitist Genetic Algorithm (CBEGA) to generate a suite of tests for testing the object-oriented programs using evolutionary multi-objective optimization techniques. Evolutionary Algorithms (EAs) are inspired by mechanisms in biological evolution like reproduction, mutation, recombination, and selection. EA applies these mechanisms repeatedly to a set of individuals called population to obtain solution. Multi-objective optimization involves optimizing a number of objectives simultaneously. The objectives considered in this paper for optimization are maximum coverage, minimum execution time and test-suite minimization. The experiment shows that CBEGA gives 92% path coverage and simple GA gives 88% path coverage for a set of java classes.
KeywordsEvolutionary Algorithm multi-objective path coverage CBEGA immigration rate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Sukstrienwong, A.: Solving multi-objective optimization under bounds by genetic algorithms. International Journal of Computers 5(1), 18–25 (2011)Google Scholar
- 3.Singh, D.P., Khare, A.: Different Aspects of Evolutionary Algorithms, Multi-Objective Optimization Algorithms and Application Domain. International Journal of Advanced Networking and Applications 2(04), 770–775 (2011)Google Scholar
- 4.Harman, M., Kiranlakhotia, McMinn, P.: A Multi-Objective Approach to Search-Based Test Data Generation. In: Proceedings of the Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference, GECCO 2007, pp. 1–8 (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Konak, A., Coit, D.W., Smith, A.E.: Multi-objective optimization using genetic algorithms: A tutorial. Reliability Engineering and System Safety, pp. 992–1007. Elsevier (2006)Google Scholar
- 6.Conway, B.A.: A Survey of Methods Available for the Numerical Optimization of Continuous Dynamic Systems. Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications (JOTA) of Springer, 1–36 (2011)Google Scholar
- 8.Andreou, A.S., Economides, K.A., Sofokleous, A.A.: An Automatic software test-data generation scheme based on data flow criteria and genetic algorithms. In: 7th International Conference on Computer and Information Technology, pp. 867–872 (2007)Google Scholar
- 9.Chen, Y., Zhong, Y.: Automatic Path-oriented Test Data Generation Using a Multi-population Genetic Algorithm. In: Fourth International Conference on Natural Computation, pp. 566–570 (2008)Google Scholar
- 10.Deb, K.: Single and Multi-Objective Optimization using Evolutionary Computation. KanGALRt- No. 2004002, Technical Report, pp. 1–24 (2005)Google Scholar
- 11.Zhang, Y.: Multi-Objective Search-Based Requirements Selection and Optimization. Ph.D Thesis, University of London, pp. 1–276 (2010)Google Scholar
- 12.Coello, C.A., Lamont, G.B., Van Veldhuizen, D.A.: Evolutionary Algorithms for Solving Multi-Objective Problems, 2nd edn. Springer (2007)Google Scholar