SNetRS: Social Networking in Recommendation System
With the proliferation of electronic commerce and knowledge economy environment both organizations and individuals generate and consume a large amount of online information. With the huge availability of product information on website, many times it becomes difficult for a consumer to locate item he wants to buy. Recommendation Systems [RS] provide a solution to this. Many websites such as YouTube, e-Bay, Amazon have come up with their own versions of Recommendation Systems. However Issues like lack of data, changing data, changing user preferences and unpredictable items are faced by these recommendation systems. In this paper we propose a model of Recommendation systems in e-commerce domain which will address issues of cold start problem and change in user preference problem. Our work proposes a novel recommendation system which incorporates user profile parameters obtained from Social Networking website. Our proposed model SNetRS is a collaborative filtering based algorithm, which focuses on user preferences obtained from FaceBook. We have taken domain of books to illustrate our model.
KeywordsUser preferences social networking Recommendation System (RS) Collaborative Filtering (CF)
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Bogers, A.M.: Recommender Systems for Social Bookmarking ISBN 978-90-8559-582-3Google Scholar
- 4.Koren, Y., Bell, R.: Advances in Collaborative FilteringGoogle Scholar
- 5.Oard, D.W., Kim, J.: Implicit Feedback for Recommender Systems. In: Proc. 5th DELOS Workshop on Filtering and Collaborative Filtering, pp. 31–36 (1998)Google Scholar
- 8.Breese, J.S., Heckerman, D., Kadie, C.: Empirical analysis of predictive algorithms for collaborative filtering. In: Proceedings of the 14th Conference on Uncertainty in Artificial Intelligence, pp. 43–52 (1998)Google Scholar
- 9.Shang, M.S., Zhang, Z.K.: Diffusion-based recommendation in collaborative tagging systems. Chinese Physics Letters 26(11) (2009)Google Scholar
- 10.Godoy, D., Amandi, A.: Hybrid content and tag-based profiles for recommendation in collaborative tagging systems. In: La-Web (Latin American Web Conference), pp. 58–65 (2008)Google Scholar
- 11.Kim, J., Kim, H., Ryu, J.H.: TripTip: A trip planning service with tag-based recommendation. Extended Abstracts on Human Factors in Computing Systems, 3467–3472 (2009)Google Scholar
- 12.Tso, K., Schmidt-Thieme, L.: Attribute-aware collaborative filtering. In: Proceedings of 29th AnnualConference of the German Classification Society (2005)Google Scholar
- 14.Tso-Sutter, K.H.L., Marinho, L.B., Schmidt-Thieme, L.: Tag-aware recommender systems by fusion of collaborative filtering algorithms. In: Proceedings of the ACM Symposium on Applied Computing, pp. 1995–1999 (2008)Google Scholar
- 18.Baltrunas, L.: Exploiting contextual information in recommender systems. In: ACM RecSys, pp. 295–298 (2008)Google Scholar
- 19.Cremonesi, P., Turrin, R.: Analysis of cold-start recommendations in iptv systems. In: Proceedings of the Third ACM Conference on Recommender Systems, pp. 233–236 (October 2009)Google Scholar
- 20.Yin, H., Chang, G., Wang, X.: A cold-start recommendation algorithm based on new user’s implicit information and multi-attribute rating matrix. In: Proceedings of the Ninth International Confer-ence on Hybrid Intelligent Systems, vol. 2, pp. 353–358 (2009)Google Scholar