Improving Security in Digital Images through Watermarking Using Enhanced Histogram Modification
Image transmission plays an important role in recent studies of engineering and scientific research fields. While transmitting the image, they have to be secured. Many approaches are available for secure transmission of images. This method focuses towards the use of invisible watermarking for encryption purpose. The attacker cannot able to find the difference when watermarking is used. There are two algorithms used for making the watermarking object. The performance evaluation is done by introducing various attacks to the watermarked object and it is done using Matlab 7.11.
KeywordsDigital image watermarking histogram enhanced histogram modification for watermarking
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Niu, X.W.J.W.P.: A new digital image watermarking algorithm resilient to Desynchronization attacks. IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security (2007)Google Scholar
- 2.O’Runuanaidh, J.J.K., Pun, T.: Rotation Scale and Translation invariant spread spectrum digital image watermarking. Spread Spectrum (1998)Google Scholar
- 3.Dong, P., Brankov, J.G., Galatsanos, N.P., Yang, Y., Davoine, F.: Digital watermarking robust to geometric distortions. IEEE Transactions on Image Processing (2005)Google Scholar
- 4.Kim, H.S., Lee, H.K.: Invariant image watermark using Zernike moments. IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology (2003)Google Scholar
- 5.Wolthusen, S.: On the limitations of digital Watermark: A cautionary note (1998)Google Scholar
- 6.Shih, F.Y., Wu, Y.T.: A novel fragile Watermarking technique. In: IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo (2004)Google Scholar
- 7.Hsu, C.T., Wu, J.L.: Hidden digital Watermarks in images. IEEE Transactions on Image Processing (1999)Google Scholar
- 8.Tang, C.W., Hang, H.M.: A feature-based robust digital image watermarking scheme. IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing (2003)Google Scholar
- 9.Craver, S., Memon, N., Yeo, B.L., Yeung, M.M.: Resolving rightful ownerships with invisible watermarking techniques: limitations, attacks and implications. IEEE Journal on Selected areas in Communications (1998)Google Scholar
- 10.Hernandez, M.C., Miyatake, M.N., Meana, H.P.: Robust Watermarking based on histogram modification. In: IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo (2009)Google Scholar