Augmented Reality Based Environment Design Support System for Home Renovation
To improve the living environment for elderly persons, home renovation is performed. A part of home renovations cost is supported by long-term care insurance in Japan and several tens of problems related to renovation constructions are reported. They are caused by lack of communication and knowledge of constructions. We have developed an Augmented Reality environment design support system for home modifications. Especially it is designed for the persons that need long-term care. The preliminary experiment has been carried out and confirmed the functionality of the system.
KeywordsHome renovation Augmented reality Image processing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Murakami, Y.: Problems in Home Renovation System Using Long-Term Care Insurance from the Viewpoint of Care-Manager: Questionnaires to Care-Manager in Kumamoto Prefecture and Kitakyusyu City 2. Architectural Institute of Japan (42) 20030301, pp.145–148 (2003) (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 2.Azuma, R.T.: Survey of Augmented Reality. Presence: Teleoperators and Virtual Environments 6(4), 355–385 (1997)Google Scholar
- 3.Honma, M., Watanabe, M., et al.: Development of VR simulator for Fire of underground markets : Part2 : Evacuation simulation and System of VR simulator. Summaries of technical papers of Annual Meeting Architectural Institute of Japan F-1, Urban planning, building economics and housing problems, pp.397–398, (2000) (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 4.Suda, Y., Shladover, S.E., et al.: Validation of the Interactive Traffic Simulation for the Universal Driving Simulator. The Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers 2006(5), 479–480 (2006)Google Scholar
- 5.Tonchidot Corporation (2009), http://sekaicamera.com/
- 6.Yamada, Y., Kado, K., et al.: Interior Simulator by Augmented/Mixed Reality. Summaries of technical papers of Annual Meeting Architectural Institute of Japan A-2, Fire Safety, Off-shore Engineering and Architecture, Information Systems Technology, pp.505–506 (2008) (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 7.Kato, H., Billinghurst, M.: Marker Tracking and HMD Calibration for a Video-Based Augmented Reality Conferencing System. In: Proceedings of the 2nd IEEE and ACM International Workshop on Augmented Reality, pp. 85–94 (1999)Google Scholar