Identifying Barriers to Accessibility in Qatar
To identify barriers to accessibility in Qatar a study was conducted by distributing a survey to 211 persons with disabilities and conducting interviews. Lack of awareness, lack of Assistive Technology in Arabic, inaccessible ATM:s and absence of assistive communication services are the largest barriers.
Keywordsstatistics Qatar accessibility disabilities
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Japan International Cooperation Agency: Country Profile on Disability Arab Republic of Egypt, http://siteresources.worldbank.org/DISABILITY/Resources/Regions/MENA/JICA_Egypt.pdf
- 2.US State Department, Qatar Page, http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/bgn/5437.html
- 3.US State Department, Egypt Page, http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/bgn/5309.html
- 4.World Health Organization: World Report on Disabilities, http://www.who.int/disabilities/world_report/2011/report/en/index.html
- 5.ictQATAR, Report on Digital Media Landscape in Qatar, http://www.ictqatar.qa/en/news-events/news/ictqatar-publishes-report-digital-media-landscape-qatar