The Musibraille Project – Enabling the Inclusion of Blind Students in Music Courses
- 1.7k Downloads
The Musibraille Project was created to address the difficulties to include blind students in music courses in Brazil. The strategy of this project involves the development of powerful software for Braille music edition, building of an online library of Braille music and the application of intensive courses on music transcription, both for blind and non-blind people. This project is producing an extraordinary effect on revitalizing Braille Music in this country, with hundred of teachers and students already trained.
KeywordsAssistive technology Education of blind Braille Music
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kaiado, K., Laplaine, A.: The Inclusive Education program: the right to diversity – an analysis from the point of view of administrators of a hub municipality. Educação e Pesquisa 35(2) (2009)Google Scholar
- 2.Borges, J.A.: Do Braille ao Dosvox – diferenças nas vidas dos cegos brasileiros5 PhD in Computer Engineering Thesis (in Portuguese). COPPE/UFRJ, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (2009), http://teses2.ufrj.br/Teses/COPPE_D/JoseAntonioDosSantosBorges.pdf
- 3.Marsan, C.: Louis Braille: A Brief Overview. Association Valentin Haüy, Paris (2009)Google Scholar
- 4.Bonilha, F.: Leitura musical na ponta dos dedos: caminhos e desafios do ensino de musicografia Braille na perspectiva de alunos e professores6. Master in Music Thesis (in Portuguese). Universidade de Campinas, Brazil (2006) Google Scholar
- 5.Tomé, D., Borges, J.A.: The Musibraille Project - World Congress Braille21 - Innovations in Braille in the 21st Century, Leipzig, German (2011) Google Scholar