A Cryptographic Approach towards Black Hole Attack Detection
A MANET is an infrastructure less network that consists of mobile nodes that communicate with each other over wireless links. In the absence of a fixed infrastructure, nodes have to cooperate with each other in order to provide the necessary network functionality for discovery and maintaining path. One of the principal routing protocols used in Ad hoc networks is AODV protocol. The security of the AODV protocol is threaded by a particular type of attack called ‘Black Hole’ attack. In this attack a malicious node advertises itself such a way that it has the shortest path to the destination node. This paper gives solution for co-operative Black Hole Attack at the time of route discovery phase and gives solution without monitoring other nodes. Monitoring technique increases network traffic and also cause of power loss. This paper uses RSA security Algorithm to identify Reply packet comes from destination only.
KeywordsAd hoc Networks Routing Protocols AODV Black Hole Attack
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Perkins, C., Belding-Royer, E., Das, S.: Ad-hoc on-demand distance vector (AODV) routing. Internet Draft, RFC 3561 (July 2003)Google Scholar
- 3.Medadian, M., Yektaie, M.H., Rahmani, A.M.: Combat with Black Hole Attack in AODV routing protocol in MANET. IEEE (2009)Google Scholar
- 4.Lu, S., Li, L., Lam, K.-Y., Jia, L.: SAODV: A MANET Routing Protocol that can Withstand Black Hole Attack. In: International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Security (2009)Google Scholar
- 5.Saini, A., Kumar, H.: Effect Of Black Hole Attack On AODV Routing Protocol In MANET. IJCST 1(2) (December 2010)Google Scholar
- 6.Wu, L.-W., Yu, R.-F.: A Threshold-Based Method for Selfish Nodes Detection in MANET, pp. 875–882. IEEE (2010)Google Scholar
- 7.Sen, J., Koilakonda, S., Ukil, A.: A Mechanism for Detection of Cooperative Black Hole Attack in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks. In: Second International Conference on Intelligent Systems, Modelling and Simulation (2011)Google Scholar
- 8.Abdelhaq, M., Serhan, S., Alsaqour, R., Hassan, R.: A Local Intrusion Detection Routing Security over MANET Network. In: International Conference on Electrical Engineering and Informatics, Bandung, Indonesia, July 17-19 (2011)Google Scholar