SLA for a Pervasive Healthcare Environment
The use of Pervasive computing in Healthcare field is an evolving paradigm and is under constant development in the recent years. Pervasive computing allows information processing and interactions to be carried out by smart devices autonomously. The advent of wearable computers or wearable devices has enabled continuous monitoring of patients and has changed the face of healthcare systems in many parts of the world. Since these devices carry sensitive data and interactions are initiated and carried out without much human intervention, the need for trust and security is crucial. This paper proposes a Service Level Agreement (SLA) based approach to trust, that relies on credential matching to form a notion of trust. The number of interactions and computational overhead is reduced without compromising safety. The aim is to provide secure and reliable healthcare services without any arbitration. The security and power issues in a pervasive environment are also addressed.
KeywordsSLA trust Pervasive Computing Credentials
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.Trcek, D.: Trust Management in the Pervasive Computing Era. IEEE Security & Privacy 9, 52–55 (2011)Google Scholar
- 6.Ahamed, S.I., Haque, M.M., Hoque, E., Rahman, F., Talukder, N.: Design, analysis and deployment of omnipresent Formal Trust Model with trust bootstrapping for pervasive environments. Journal of Systems and Software 83 (February 2010)Google Scholar
- 7.Buford, J., Kumar, R., Perkins, G.: Composition Trust Bindings in Pervasive Computing Service Composition. In: Fourth Annual IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications Workshops, PerCom Workshops 2006, pp. 260–266 (March 2006)Google Scholar
- 8.Zeng, S., Xin, Y., Yang, Y.-X., Hu, Z.-M.: TM-RMRP: A Trust Model Based on a Recommendation Mechanism of Rewards and Punishments. In: 2010 Second International Workshopon Education Technology and Computer Science (ETCS), pp. 31–34 (March 2010)Google Scholar
- 9.Liu, Y.L., Guo, S.Z., Tang, Y., Ding, Y.Z.: Trust Propagation Model in Pervasive Computing Environment. Pervasive, 120–123 (September 2010)Google Scholar
- 10.Ismail, A., Yan, J., Shen, J.: An offer generation approach to SLA negotiation support in service oriented computing. In: Service Oriented Computing and Applications, vol. 4, pp. 277–289. Springer, London (2010)Google Scholar
- 12.Chi, Y., Moon, H.J., Hacigumus, H.: iCBS: Incremental Costbased Scheduling under Piecewise Linear SLA. Proceedings of the VLDB Endowment 4 (2011)Google Scholar
- 14.Li, L., Song, M., Zhang, X.: An SLA Based Web Service Quality Monitor System. Pervasive, 661–664 (2009)Google Scholar
- 15.Valarmathi, J., Uthariaraj, D.V.R., Arjun Kumar, G., Subramanian, P., Karthick, R.: A Novel Trust Management Scheme In Pervasive Computing. In: 2010 The 2nd IEEE International Conference on Information Management and Engineering (ICIME), pp. 141–145 (April 2010)Google Scholar