Effective Implementation and Evaluation of AES in Matlab
Efficient implementation of block cipher is critical towards achieving high efficiency with good understandability. Numerous number of block cipher including Advance Encryption Standard have been implemented using different platform. However the understanding of the AES algorithm step by step is very tipical. This paper presents the efficient implementation of AES algorithm with the increase of understandability with the use of MATLAB platform. Mainly use of MATLAB in Algorithm development, Data analysis, exploration, visualization, modeling, simulation, prototyping, application development including GUI building and computation. Taking advantages of understandability in MATLAB. Implementation result of this approach shows the interest and confirms the contribution of MATLAB for robust and optimal implementation.
KeywordsAES MATLAB S-Box
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kumar, A., Tiwari, N.: Performance Evaluation of Aesmethods: Review. In: ICCC (2012); paper id1365 Google Scholar
- 2.Eli, B., Shamir, A.: Differential Cryptanalysis of the Data Encryption Standard. Springer (1993)Google Scholar
- 3.The Mathworks: Matlab, The Language of Technical Computing (2001), http://www.mathworks.com/products/matlab
- 4.Rijmen, V.: The block cipher Rijndael (2001), http://www.esat.kuleuven.ac.be/~rijmen/rijndael/
- 5.Daemen, J., Rijmen, V.: AES proposal: Rijndael (1999), http://www.esat.kuleuven.ac.be/~rijmen/rijndael/rijndaeldocV2.zip
- 6.National Institute of Standards and Technology: Specification for the Advanced Encryption Standard, AES (2001), http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/fips/fips197/fips-197.pdf
- 7.National Institute of Standards and Technology: Data Encryption Standard, DES (2001), http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/fips/fips46-3/fips46-3.pdf
- 8.Tomoiaga, R., Stratulat, M.: AESPerformance Analysis on Several Programming Environments, Operating Systems or Computational Platforms. In: 2010 Fifth International Conference on Systems and Networks Communications (2010)Google Scholar
- 9.Parikh, C., Parimal Patel, M.S.: Ph.D. Performance Evaluation of AES Algorithm onVarious Development PlatformsGoogle Scholar