A Short Introduction to Implicit Computational Complexity
These lecture notes are meant to serve as a short introduction to implicit computational complexity for those students who have little or no knowledge of recursion theory and proof theory. They have been obtained by enriching and polishing a set of notes the author wrote for a course (on the same subject) he gave at ESSLLI 2010. These notes are definitely not meant to be comprehensive nor exhaustive, but on the other hand much effort has been done to keep them self-contained.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Baader, F., Nipkow, T.: Term rewriting and all that. Cambridge University Press (1998)Google Scholar
- 3.Barendregt, H.P.: The Lambda Calculus – Its Syntax and Semantics. North-Holland (1984)Google Scholar
- 7.Cobham, A.: The intrinsic computational difficulty of functions. In: Bar-Hillel, Y. (ed.) Logic, Methodology and Philosophy of Science, Proceedings of the 1964 International Congress, pp. 24–30. North-Holland (1965)Google Scholar
- 8.Cutland, N.: Computability: An Introduction to Recursive Function Theory. Cambridge University Press (1980)Google Scholar
- 11.Hindley, J.R., Seldin, J.P.: Lambda-Calculus and Combinators: An Introduction. Cambridge University Press (2008)Google Scholar
- 15.Leivant, D.: Stratified functional programs and computational complexity. In: Proceedings of Twentieth Annual Symposium on Principles of Programming Languages, pp. 325–333 (1993)Google Scholar
- 20.Papadimitriou, C.H.: Computational Complexity. Addison-Wesley (1993)Google Scholar
- 21.Rogers, H.: The Theory of Recursive Functions and Effective Computability. MIT Press (1987)Google Scholar