Multi-source Provenance-aware User Interest Profiling on the Social Semantic Web
The creation of accurate user profiles of interest across heterogeneous websites is a fundamental step for personalisation, recommendations and analysis of social networks. The opportunities offered by the Web of Data and Semantic Web technologies introduce new interesting challenges. In particular, the main benefits for user profiling techniques are given by the extensive amount of already available and structured information and the solution to the “cold start” problem. On the other hand it is difficult to manage a massive “open corpus” such as the Web of Data and select only the relevant features and sources from an heterogeneous collection of datasets. Hence we propose semantic technologies for interlinking social websites and provenance management on the Web of Data to retrieve accurate information about data producers. The goal is to build comprehensive user profiles based on qualitative and quantitative measures about user activities across social sites.
KeywordsSocial Web Semantic Web User Modelling User Profiles Web of Data Provenance of Data
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Abel, F., Gao, Q., Houben, G.-J., Tao, K.: Semantic Enrichment of Twitter Posts for User Profile Construction on the Social Web. In: Antoniou, G., Grobelnik, M., Simperl, E., Parsia, B., Plexousakis, D., De Leenheer, P., Pan, J. (eds.) ESWC 2011, Part II. LNCS, vol. 6644, pp. 375–389. Springer, Heidelberg (2011)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 2.Aroyo, L., Houben, G.: User modeling and adaptive Semantic Web. Semantic Web Journal (2010)Google Scholar
- 3.Carmagnola, F., Cena, F., Gena, C.: User model interoperability: a survey. User Modeling and User-Adapted Interaction (2011)Google Scholar
- 5.Kapanipathi, P., Orlandi, F., Sheth, A., Passant, A.: Personalized Filtering of the Twitter Stream. In: SPIM Workshop at ISWC 2011, pp. 6–13. CEUR-WS (2011)Google Scholar
- 6.Orlandi, F., Passant, A.: Semantic Search on Heterogeneous Wiki Systems. In: International Symposium on Wikis (WikiSym 2010). ACM (2010)Google Scholar
- 7.Orlandi, F., Passant, A.: Modelling provenance of DBpedia resources using Wikipedia contributions. Journal of Web Semantics 9(2) (2011)Google Scholar