Study and Development of the Rescue Robot to Accommodate Victims under Earthquake Disasters
At the Great Hanshin earthquake in Japan, many victims were crushed by rubble and died by “crush syndrome”. Even the simple rescue method that removes the rubble, it could be a cause of death. As the only countermeasure, DMAT (=Disaster Medical Assistance Team) creeps into fallen houses, and treat dialysis or drip infusion. But these methods are very dangerous for victims and DMAT to treat amid the aftershocks. We think that Rescue Robot technique is just suitable solution for the dilemma under various and dangerous situations. The Rescue Robot has the dual tiered crawler. The Rescue Robot goes through under rubble open, and the victims are held in the container inside of the Robot body. We already built a prototype model, so we present an outline of our rescue robot. And we will show you the reformed design of the Rescue Robot, and the new mechanism to prevent Crush Syndrome.
KeywordsDisaster Earthquake Rescue Robot Crush Syndrome
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Sahashi, T., Sahshi, A., Uchiyama, H., Fukumoto, I.: Study and Development of the Rescue Robot preventing Crush Syndrome of earthquake victims. In: 8th International Conference on Informatics in Control, Automation and Robotics, Final Program and Book of Abstract of ICINCO 2011 and SIMULTECH 2011, p. 55 (2011)Google Scholar
- 3.Sahashi, T., Sahshi, A., Uchiyama, H., Fukumoto, I.: Development and management researches of medical rescue robot under natural disasters. In: The 10th Asia Pacific Conference on Disaster Medicine, Program Book of 10th APCDM, p. 212 (2010)Google Scholar
- 4.Sahashi, A., Sahashi, T., Uchiyama, H., Fukumoto, I.: A developmental research of the disaster medical assistant equipment systems which does not isolate a stricken area under natural disasters. In: Proceedings of the 29th JSMBE Kou-Shin-Etsu Branch Conference 2010, Japanese Society for Medical Biological Engineering, pp. 3–4 (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Sahashi, T., Sahshi, A., Uchiyama, H., Fukumoto, I.: Development and operational liability of Rescue robot under natural disaster. In: Proceeding of the Robotic Society of Japan (DVD), pp. 3G1–7 (2010)Google Scholar
- 6.Sahashi, T., Sahshi, A., Uchiyama, H., Fukumoto, I.: A basic study of automated medical rescue robot under natural disaster. In: The 9th Asia Pacific Conference on Disaster Medicine, Program Book of 9th APCDM (2009)Google Scholar
- 9.Mahoney, E.L., Whiteside, F.D., Belue, E., Mortisugu, P.K., Esch, H.V.: Disaster medical assistance teams. Annals of Emergency Medicine. Journal of the American College of Emergency Physicians 16(3), 354–358 (1987)Google Scholar