Leadership in Malaysia
In this chapter, the sections that follow will examine:
KeywordsPrime Minister Work Minister Leadership Style Service Leader Moral Courage
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- Abdullah, A. (1996). Going glocal. Malaysia: Malaysian Institute of Management.Google Scholar
- Ahmad, R. (2007). Abdullah hits back at bloggers, websites out to ‘rubbish’ him. The Straits Times, 29 Jan 2007, p. 4.Google Scholar
- Al-Suhrawardy, Al-Mamun, & Abdullah, A. S. (1992). The sayings of Muhammad. London: John Murray.Google Scholar
- Buruma, I. (2003). The last of the strongmen. Times, 13 Oct 2003. http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,501031020-517783,00.html. Accessed 27 May 2007.
- Feld, L. (2005). Malaysia country analysis brief. http://www.eia.doe.gov/emeu/cabs/malaysia.html. Accessed 24 May 2007.
- Hamzah, H. (2003). Mahathir: The wake-up call. Shah Alam: Anzagain Sdn Bhd.Google Scholar
- Havely, J. (2003). Mahathir: Tough act to follow, CNN. http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/asiapcf/east/10/29/mahathir.legacy/. Accessed 26 May 2007.
- Hong, C. (2007). Malaysia a ‘Negara Islam’ but not a theocracy. The Straits Times, 28 Aug 2007, p. 12.Google Scholar
- Ho Khai Leong & Chin, J. (eds.) (2001) Mahathir׳s administration: Performance and crisis in governance, Times Media Private Limited, Singapore.Google Scholar
- Karim, F. N. (2007). The good bad and ugly sides of civil servants. New Sunday Times, 14 Jan 2007, pp. 6–7.Google Scholar
- Khoo, E. (1999). ICT: Accidental death of an anarchist – Articles by Eddin Khoo: Warisan tukang cerita: Farce and the Malay tradition. http://www.artseefartsee.com/instantcafe/accidental/eddin.html. Accessed 8 June 2007.
- Khoo, C. (Ed.). (2001). Malaysia savvy. Malaysia: PHP International Singapore Pte. Ltd. and Malaysia Institute of Management.Google Scholar
- Koh, L. C. (2007). Deliver or get out, Minister tells staff. New Straits Times, 20 Jan 2007, p. 11.Google Scholar
- Low, Kim Cheng P. (2008). Father leadership – The Malaysian perspective. Leadership & Organizational Management Journal, 2008(1), 75–95. (http://www.franklinpublishing.net/leadership.html).
- Low, Kim Cheng P., & Mohd. Zain, Ali Yusob (2008). Creating the competitive edge, The father leadership way. International conference on business and management, Universiti Brunei Darussalam Brunei Darussalam, 8–9 Jan 2008.Google Scholar
- Low, Kim Cheng P., & Or Kum Hoong, F. (2004). Are Singaporeans ready for their retirement? Management Journal Development of Singapore, 12(1), 39–55.Google Scholar
- Low, Kim Cheng P. (2002). Corporate culture and values: Perceptions of corporate leaders of co-operatives in Singapore. Unpublished PhD thesis, University of South Australia, Adelaide, Australia.Google Scholar
- New Straits Times (2004). Emulate positive qualities of Hang Tuah, Malays urged, Lifestyle. New Straits Times, 17 Dec 2004.Google Scholar
- New Sunday Times (2007) Shape up or ship out. New Sunday Times, 14 Jan 2007, p. 1.Google Scholar
- Ng, E. (2007). M’sia crackdown. Borneo Bulletin, 10 Dec 2007, p. 1.Google Scholar
- Payn-Knoper, M. (2005). Passion: The light of leadership. Cause Matter Corp. http://www.michelepaynknoper.com/articles/passionleadership.html. Accessed 8 June 2007.
- Philips, A. A. B. (2002). The best in Islam according to Qur’aan and Sunnah. India: Islamic Book Service.Google Scholar
- PHP. (1994). Matsushita Konosuke (1894–1989): His life & his legacy. Japan: PHP Institute, Inc.Google Scholar
- Seah, Chiang Nee. (2003). A gentler, kinder Malaysia?. Today, 3 Nov 2003, http://www.littlespeck.com/region/CForeign-My-031103.htm. Accessed 28 May 2007.
- Shameen, A. (2004). Remaking Malaysia. Asia Inc., pp. MF5–MF8.Google Scholar
- The Other Malaysia (2007). Hang Tuah sucks: why we need to deconstruct our flawed heroes. The Other Malaysia. http://www.othermalaysia.org/content/view/60/52. Accessed 10 June 2007.
- Wong Kong Keong. (2004). The Pak Lah factor. Aliran Monthly, p. 3. http://www.aliran.com/oldsite/monthly/2004a/3f.html. Accessed 25 May 2007.
- YouTube (2007). At the crossroads – Malaysia. YouTube, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9zmRMoDt58. Accessed 29 Oct 2007.
© Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2013