This chapter presents and examines the leadership wisdom of Japan. The chapter intends to offer key leadership pointers for effective strategies for succeeding in business/corporate world, conflict, and life. The sections that follow will examine:
KeywordsTeam Member Team Leader Servant Leadership Team Spirit Chinese Proverb
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- Adair, J. (1998). Action-centred leadership. London: Ashgate Publishing Limited.Google Scholar
- Adair, J. (2006, 1990). Leadership and motivation. UK: Kogan Page Limited.Google Scholar
- Chandler, S. (2009). 100 ways to motivate others. Singapore: McGraw-Hill Publications.Google Scholar
- Clifton, D. O., & Nelson, P. (1992). Soar with your strengths. New York: Dell Publishing.Google Scholar
- Collins, J. (2001). Good to great. USA: HarperBusiness.Google Scholar
- Cummings, T. G., & Worley, C. G. (2001). Organization development & change (7th ed.). USA: South-Western College Publishing.Google Scholar
- Cummings, T. G., & Worley, C. G. (2009). Organization development & change (8th ed.). USA: Thomson South-Western Publishing.Google Scholar
- Daft, R. (1998). Organization theory and design (6th ed.). USA: International Thomson Publishing.Google Scholar
- Daft, R. L. (2008). The leadership experience. USA: South-Western Cengage Learning.Google Scholar
- Dalai Lama, H. H., & Cutler, H. C. (1998). The art of happiness. UK: Hodder & Stroughton.Google Scholar
- Easwaran, E. (2007). The Dhammapada. Canada: Nilgiri Press (translator).Google Scholar
- Fisher, K., Rayner, S., Belgard, W., & Belgrad-Fisher-Rayner Team. (1995). Tips for teams. USA: McGraw-Hill, Inc.Google Scholar
- Fuhrman, J. (2004). Leading leaders to leadership. USA: Possibility Press.Google Scholar
- Gunes, M. (2010). Zen philosophy. http://goto.bilkent.edu.tr/gunes/ZEN/zenphilosophy.htm. Accessed 9 Jan 2010.
- Hallam, G. I., & Campbell, D. P. (1992). Selecting team members? Start with a theory of team effectiveness, Seventh annual meeting of the society of industrial organizational psychologists, May 1992. Montreal, Canada.Google Scholar
- Heider, J. (1995). The Tao of leadership. UK: Wildwood.Google Scholar
- Lao Tzu Tao te Ching. From a translation by S. Mitchell. http://acc6.its.brooklyn.cuny.edu/~phalsall/texts/taote-v3.html. Accessed 10 Jan 2010.
- Lau, D. C. (1979). The Analects (Lun Yu). UK: The Penguin Group.Google Scholar
- Low, Kim Cheng P. (2011). Leadership and team lessons from Shinkansen, the Japanese Bullet Train. Global Education Journal, 2011(2), 181–195.Google Scholar
- Low, Kim Cheng P. (2010a). Successfully negotiating in Asia. Heidelberg: Springer.Google Scholar
- Low, Kim Cheng P. (2010b). Zen and leadership – Growing one’s leadership excellence. Insights to a Changing World, 2010(1), 1–10.Google Scholar
- Low, Kim Cheng P. (2010c). Applying soft power, the Confucian way. Conflict Resolution & Negotiation Journal, 2010(4), 37–46.Google Scholar
- Low, Kim Cheng P. (2009). What art Tao? A study of leadership, the Tao way. Leadership & Organizational Management Journal, 2009(4), 83–92.Google Scholar
- Low, Kim Cheng P. (2008). Value-based leadership: leading, the Confucian way. Leadership & organizational management Journal, 2008(3), 32–41.Google Scholar
- Low, Kim Cheng P. (2007a). Ten leadership lessons learnt. Global CEO, October 2007, pp. 55–59.Google Scholar
- Low, Kim Cheng P. (2007b). Father leadership and small business management: The Singapore case study. December 2006–February 2007, i-manager’s Journal on Management, www.imanagerindia.com, pp. 5–13.
- Low, Kim Cheng P. (2006). Strategic customer management (3rd ed.). Almaty: Caspian Publishing House.Google Scholar
- Low, Kim Cheng P. (2005). Towards a framework & typologies of Singapore corporate cultures. Management Development Journal of Singapore, 13(1), 46–75.Google Scholar
- Low, Kim Cheng P. (2003). Team success. Singapore: BusinesscrAFT™ Consultancy and Humber Lincoln Resources Pte. Ltd.Google Scholar
- Low, Kim Cheng P., & Theyagu, D. (2003). Developing true leadership potential. Singapore: The Publishing Consultant.Google Scholar
- Low, Kim Cheng P. (2001). The power of relationships. Singapore: BusinesscrAFT™ Consultancy.Google Scholar
- Low, Kim Cheng P. (2002, 2000). Strategic customer management. Singapore: BusinesscrAFT™ Consultancy.Google Scholar
- Macmillan, P. (2001). The performance factor: Unlocking the secrets of teamwork. Nashville: Broadman & Holman.Google Scholar
- Maggin, M. (2004). Making teams work. USA: The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.Google Scholar
- Matsushita, K. (1984). Not for bread alone. New York: PHP Institute, Inc.Google Scholar
- Matsushita, Konosuke. (1991). Velvet glove, iron fist. Japan: PHP Institute, Inc.Google Scholar
- Matsushita, K. (1994). Matsushita Konosuke (1894–1989): His life and his legacy. Japan: PHP Institute, Inc.Google Scholar
- McGregor, D. (1960, 2006). The human side of enterprise. USA: McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.Google Scholar
- Morita, A. (1987). Made in Japan. USA: Plume.Google Scholar
- Motorcycle Hall of Fame. (2010). Soichiro Honda, AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame. http://www.motorcyclemuseum.org/halloffame/hofbiopage.asp?id = 199. Accessed 30 Jan 2010.
- Parker, G. M. (2003). Cross-functional teams. USA: Jossey-Bass.Google Scholar
- Pearls of Wisdom. (2007). Buddhist wisdom quotes. http://www.sapphyr.net/buddhist/buddhist-quotes.htm. Accessed 9 Jan 2010.
- Rohn, J. (1996). 7 Strategies for wealth & happiness. USA: Prime Publishing.Google Scholar
- Semmens, P. (1995). Shinkansen practice and performance. Japan Railway and Transport Review, March 1995, pp. 38–39.Google Scholar
- The Telegraph. (2010). China steams ahead with world’s fastest train. The Telegraph. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/7230137/China-steams-ahead-with-worlds-fastest-train.html. Accessed 7 Dec 2010.
- Time. (1998). Akio Morita. Time. http://www.yachtingnet.com/time/time100/builder/profile/morita.html. Accessed 30 Jan 2010.
- Time. (1999). Akio Morita. Time 100, Aug 23–30, 1999 Vol. 154 No. 7/8. http://www.time.com/time/asia/asia/magazine/1999/990823/morita1.html. Accessed 22 Jan 2011.
- Wells, S., Bailey, E., Keller, L., Low, Kim Cheng P., & Ang, Sik-Liong. (2010). What animals can teach us about leadership, 30 Oct 2010. http://guamanimalsinneed.blogspot.com/2010/10/what-animals-can-teach-us-about.html. Accessed 16 Dec 2010.
- http://victorian.fortunecity.com/duchamp/410/bsamurai.html. Accessed 30 Sep 2011.
- http://www.akiomorita.net/en/contents/word/018.html. Accessed 23 Jan 2011.
© Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2013