A Metropolitan Assistive System for Disabled and the Elderly
In the article the general concept of system supporting patients, disabled and the elderly was presented. The assumptions of the system is to improve the quality of life and comfort those who are not able to function without assistance. The system consists of network infrastructure and mobile devices used by beneficiaries of support. Developing a detailed specification requires the cooperation of specialists in many fields, especially doctors, therapists, senior caregivers and disabled people themselves, because it is of critical importance to design the system according to the needs of the potential system users. Despite all the problems, it seems that the development of the abovedescribed systems is a job worth doing.
KeywordsMobile Device Public Transport Disable People Virtual Private Network Voice Recognition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Branko, C., Lovell, N.: The Potential Impact of Home Telecare of Clinical Practice. The Medical Journal of Australia, 518–521 (1999)Google Scholar
- 2.Penny, C.: Aging Well With Smart Technology. Nursing Administration Quarterly 29(4), 329–338 (2005)Google Scholar
- 3.Koester, R.J.: The lost Alzheimer’s and related disorders subject: new research and perspectives. In: Response 1998 NASAR: National Association for Search and Rescue, pp. 165–181 (1998)Google Scholar
- 4.Osiński, W., Stemplewski, R., Salamon, A., et al.: Relationship between falls related static body balance and morphological parameters among elderly women. In: Raczek, J. (ed.) Current Research in Motor Control, Katowice, pp. 163–166 (2000)Google Scholar
- 7.Szeklicki, R., Sufinowicz, M., Osiński, W., et al.: Physical activity of the elderly living in a nursing home. In: Osiński, W. (ed.) Impact of Aging on Physical Activity, Fitness and Health. Selected Results of Scientific Research, Poznań, pp. 18–23 (2006)Google Scholar
- 8.Wrobel, Z., Lamża, A.: Inteligentny pojazd dla osób chorych, niepełnosprawnych i seniorów. Proceedings of the Institute of Vehicles 4(85), 91–100 (2011) (in Polish)Google Scholar
- 9.Website: Kierunki informatyzacji “e-Zdrowie Polska” na lata 2011-2015. Ministerstwo Zdrowia, Warszawa (2009), http://www.mz.gov.pl/wwwfiles/ma_struktura/docs/kierunki_e_zdrowie_09022011.pdf (visited on January 15, 2012) (in Polish)
- 10.Website: Project GUIDE - Gentle User Interfaces for Eldery People, http://www.guide-project.eu (visited on January 15, 2012)
- 11.Website: Copenhagen Institute of Interaction Design/Eldia, http://ciid.dk/education/portfolio/py/courses/graphical-user-interface/projects/eldia/ (visited on January 15, 2012)