Analysis of a High Definition Camera-Projector Video System for Geometry Reconstruction
The present work describes the development of a high definition camera-projector system (with resolutions up to 1920x1080 and 1280x720). The steps and processes that lead to the reconstruction of geometry, from system setup to triangulation, are detailed. A structured light coding scheme that offers a flexible number of stripes for projection was used. One of the objectives of this work is to estimate the limit number of stripes possible within the current resolutions of high definition video. This limit number is the one that provides dense geometry reconstruction with low accuracy and precision errors. To evaluate the reconstructions, we propose a protocol for error measurement. The geometry of general objects is also presented for qualitative evaluation. Our results show that low cost but effective 3D scanners can be built with high definition video devices providing compressed data.
Keywordscamera-projector system 3D reconstruction structured light error evaluation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Sa, A., Carvalho, P.C., Velho, L.: (b, s)-bcsl: Structured light color boundary coding for 3d photography. In: 7th Int. Fall Workshop on Vision, Modeling, and Visualization (2002)Google Scholar
- 2.Guhring, J.: Dense 3-d surface acquisition by structured light using off-the-shelf components. In: Proc. Videometrics and Optical Methods for 3D Shape Measurement, pp. 220–231 (2001)Google Scholar
- 3.Fechteler, P., Eisert, P., Rurainsky, J.: Fast and high resolution 3d face scanning. In: Proceedings of the International Conference on Image Processing, ICIP 2007, September 16-19, pp. 81–84. IEEE, San Antonio (2007)Google Scholar
- 6.Coda, C., Velho, L., Lewiner, T., Peixoto, A.: Um sistema generico de calibracao de camera. In: Proceedings of SIBGRAPI (2007)Google Scholar
- 10.Vieira, M.B., Sa, A., Velho, L., Carvalho, P.C.: A camera-projector system for real-time 3d video. In: IEEE Int. Workshop on Projector-Camera Systems, vol. 3, pp. 96–100 (2005)Google Scholar
- 11.Rusinkiewicz, S., Hall-Holt, O., Levoy, M.: Real-time 3D model acquisition. ACM Trans. on Graphics (Proc. SIGGRAPH) 21(3), 438–446 (2002)Google Scholar