Cluster_KDD: A Visual Clustering and Knowledge Discovery Platform Based on Concept Lattice
Nowadays, with the evolution of the data in data processing and storage of great volumes of these diversified data, the software of Data Mining became without context a necessity for the majority of the users of the Information Systems. Unfortunately, currently marketed software are very limited and don’t meet all user needs. This software supports only some classification algorithms and some Knowledge Discovery in Databases (KDD) algorithms that generate a big number of rules which are not understandable by the end user. Moreover, these approaches are applicable only for restricted data type. In this paper, we propose new software of classification and KDD, called Cluster-KDD, which supports a larger set of data type and classification algorithm and offers KDD algorithms that generate comprehensible and exploitable rules by the user.
KeywordsData mining Knowledge Discovery in Databases Clustering Formal Concept Analysis Fuzzy Logic
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Zaki, M.: Mining Non-Redundant Association Rules. Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery (9), 223–248 (2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Agrawal, R., Imielinski, T., Swami, A.: Mining Association Rules between sets of items in large Databases. In: Proceedings of the ACM SIGMOD Intl. Conference on Management of Data, Washington, USA, pp. 207–216 (June 1993)Google Scholar
- 4.Agrawal, R., Skirant, R.: Fast algoritms for mining association rules. In: Proceedings of the 20th Int’l Conference on Very Large Databases, pp. 478–499 (June 1994)Google Scholar
- 6.Zaki, M.J., Hsiao, C.J.: CHARM: An Efficient Algorithm for Closed Itemset Mining. In: Proceedings of the 2nd SIAM International Conference on Data Mining, Arlington, pp. 34–43 (April 2002)Google Scholar
- 7.Kantardzic, M.: Data mining: concepts, models, methods, and algorithms. Wiley-IEEE Press (2011)Google Scholar
- 8.McMueen, J.: Some methods for classiffication and analysis of multivariate observations. In: The Fifth Berkeley Symposium on Mathematical Statistics and Probability, pp. 281–297 (1967)Google Scholar
- 9.Bezdek, J.: Fuzzy mathematics in pattern classification. Ph.D. Dissertation, Cornell University (1973)Google Scholar
- 10.Zhang, T., Ramakrishnan, R., Livny, M.: Birch: An efficient data clustering method for very large database. In: ACM-SIGMOD Int. Conf. Managerment of Data, Montreal, Canada, pp. 103–114 (1996)Google Scholar
- 11.Guha, S., Rastogi, R., Shi, K.: CURE: an efficient clustering algorithm for large databases. In: ACM SIGMOD Int ’l Conf. Management of Data, pp. 73–84 (1998)Google Scholar
- 12.Ester, M., Kriegel, H., Sander, J., Xu, X.: A Density-Based Algorithm for Discovering Clusters in Large Spatial Databases with Noise. In: 3rd Int. Conf. Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (KDD 1996), pp. 232–237 (1997)Google Scholar
- 13.Sheikholeslami, J.C., Chatterjee, S., Zhang, A.: Wave: cluster: A multiresolution clustering approach for very large special database. In: Int. Conf. Very Large Database (VLDB 1998), NY, USA, pp. 428–439 (1998)Google Scholar