Web Service Compositions Which Emerge from Virtual Organizations with Fair Agreements
By wrapping services as active software agents, constantly bidding to consumers’ requests, self-organizing web service compositions can become real. But they still lack a negotiation capability. In this paper, we add to our Multiagent component composition system (MACOCO) the negotiation behavior of non-functional requirements, by implementing a modified version of the Zeuthen strategy, which allows both parties to get a fair agreement without knowing the utility function of the counterpart. We study the tradeoff of extra overhead versus a fair agreement, showing the feasibility and performance of this approach. A web prototype tool is available.
Keywordsmultiagent systems service oriented architecture recommender system negotiation Zeuthen strategy web service composition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [BUMST1]Bromuri, S., Urovi, V., Morge, M., Stathis, K., Toni, F.: A multi-agent system for service discovery, selection and negotiation. In: Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems (AAMAS 2009), vol. 2, pp. 1395–1396 (2009)Google Scholar
- [CWSM1]Cao, J., Wang, J., Zhang, S., Li, M.: A multi-agent negotiation based service composition method for on-demand service. In: 2005 IEEE International Conference on Services Computing, July 11-15, vol. 1, pp. 329–332 (2005)Google Scholar
- [MS1]Mahbub, K., Spanoudakis, G.: Proactive SLA Negotiation for Service Based Systems: Initial Implementation and Evaluation Experience. In: 2011 IEEE International Conference on Services Computing (SCC), pp. 16–23 (2011)Google Scholar
- [TAC1]Torres, R., Astudillo, H., Canessa, E.: MACOCO: A Discoverable Component Composition Framework Using a Multiagent System. In: IEEE Proceedings of the XXIX International Conference Chilean Computer Science Society, pp. 152–160 (2010)Google Scholar
- [TAS1]Torres, R., Astudillo, H., Salas, R.: Self-Adaptive Fuzzy QoS-Driven Web Service Discovery. In: Proceedings IEEE International Conference on Services Computing (SCC 2011), pp. 64–71 (2011)Google Scholar
- [TRA1]Torres, R., Rivera, D., Astudillo, H.: From virtual organizations to Self-organizing Web service compositions. To appear on the IEEE Proceedings of the XXIX International Conference Chilean Computer Science Society (2011)Google Scholar
- [Wo1]Wooldridge, M.: An Introduction to Multiagent Systems. John Wiley and Sons (2002)Google Scholar
- [WSBCB1]Whittle, J., Sawyer, P., Bencomo, N., Cheng, B., Bruel, J.: RELAX: a language to address uncertainty in self-adaptive systems requirement. In: Requirements Engineering. Springer, London (2010) ISSN 0947-3602Google Scholar