Deciding Roles for Efficient Team Formation by Parameter Learning
We propose a learning method for efficient team formation by self-interested agents in task oriented domains. Service requests on computer networks have recently been rapidly increasing. To improve the performance of such systems, issues with effective team formation to do tasks has attracted our interest. The main feature of the proposed method is learning from two-sided viewpoints, i.e., team leaders who have the initiative to form teams or team members who work in one of the teams that are solicited. For this purpose, we introduce three parameters to agents so that they can select their roles of being a leader or a member, then an agent can anticipate which other agents should be selected as team members and which team it should join. Our experiments demonstrated that the numbers of tasks executed by successfully generated teams increased by approximately 17% compared with a conventional method.
KeywordsTeam Member Multiagent System Coalition Formation Random Method Idle State
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Abdallah, S., Lesser, V.: Organization-based cooperative coalition formation. In: Proc. of Int. Conf. on Intelligent Agent Technology, pp. 162–168 (2004)Google Scholar
- 2.Chalkiadakis, G., Boutilier, C.: Sequential decision making in repeated coalition formation under uncertainty. In: Proceedings of AAMAS 2008, pp. 347–354 (2009)Google Scholar
- 3.Genin, T., Aknine, S.: Coalition formation strategies for self-interested agents in task oriented domains. In: 2010 IEEE/WIC/ACM International Conference on Web Intelligence and Intelligent Agent Technology, vol. 2, pp. 205–212 (2010)Google Scholar
- 4.Huhns, M.N., Singh, M.P., Burstein, M., Decker, K., Durfee, E., Finin, T., Gasser, L., Goradia, H., Jennings, N., Lakkaraju, K., Nakashima, H., Parunak, V., Rosenschein, J.S., Ruvinsky, A., Sukthankar, G., Swarup, S., Sycara, K., Tambe, M., Wagner, T., Zavala, L.: Research directions for service-oriented multiagent systems. IEEE Internet Computing 9, 65–70 (2005)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 5.Katayanagi, R., Sugawara, T.: Efficient team formation based on learning and reorganization and influence of communication delay. In: Proceedings of the 11th IEEE International Conference on Computer and Information Technology, CIT 2011 (2011)Google Scholar
- 6.Kraus, S., Shehory, O., Taase, G.: Coalition formation with uncertain heterogeneous information. In: Proc. of AAMAS 2003 (2003)Google Scholar
- 9.Sugawara, T., Hirotsu, T., Kurihara, S., Fukuda, K.: Performance Variation Due to Interference Among a Large Number of Self-Interested Agents. In: Proceedings of 2007 IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation, pp. 766–773 (2007)Google Scholar