A Parameter Matrix Based Approach to Computing Minimal Hitting Sets
Computing all minimal hitting sets is one of the key steps in model-based diagnosis. Because of the low capabilities due to the expansion of state space in large-scale system diagnosis, more efficient approximation algorithms are in motivation. A matrix-based minimal hitting set (M-MHS) algorithm is proposed in this paper. A parameter matrix records the relationships between elements and sets and the initial problem is divided into several sub-problems by decomposition. The efficient prune rules avoid the computation of the sub-problems without solutions. Parameterized way and de-parameterized way are both given so that the more suitable algorithm could be chosen according to the cases. The simulation results show that, the proposed algorithm outperforms HSSE and BNB-HSSE in large-scale problems and keeps a relatively stable performance when data changes in different regulations. The algorithm provides a valuable tool for computing hitting sets in model-based diagnosis of large-scale systems.
Keywordsminimal hitting set model-based diagnosis parameter matrix
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 6.Yunfei, J., Li, L.: Computing the Minimal Hitting Sets with Binary HS-Tree. Journal of Software 13(12), 2267–2274 (2002) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 7.Yunfei, J., Li, L.: The Computing of Hitting Sets with Boolean Formulas. Chinese Journal of Computers 26(8), 919–924 (2003) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 8.Jie, H., Lin, C., Peng, Z.: A Compounded Genetic and Simulated Annealing Algorithm for Computing Minimal Diagnosis. Journal of Software 15(9), 1345–1350 (2004) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 9.Li, L., Jiang, Y.: Computing minimal hitting sets with genetic algorithm. In: Proceedings of the 13th International Workshop on Principles of Diagnosis, Austria, pp. 77–80 (2002)Google Scholar
- 11.Chen, X., Meng, X., Qiao, R.: Method of computing all minimal hitting set based on BNB-HSSE. Chinese Journal of Scientific Instrument 31(1), 61–67 (2010) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 12.Li, L.: Computing minimal hitting sets with logic array in model-based diagnosis. Journal of Jinan University (Natural Science) 23(1), 24–27 (2002) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 13.Fijany, A., Vatan, F.: New Approaches for Efficient Solution of Hitting Set Problem. In: ACM International Conference Proceeding Series (2008)Google Scholar