Formal Modelling and Verification of Service-Oriented Systems in Probabilistic Event-B
Modelling and refinement in Event-B provides a scalable support for systematic development of complex service-oriented systems. This is achieved by a gradual transformation of an abstract service specification into its detailed architecture. In this paper we aim at integrating quantitative assessment of essential quality of service attributes into the formal modelling process. We propose an approach to creating and verifying a dynamic service architecture in Event-B. Such an architecture can be augmented with stochastic information and transformed into the corresponding continuous-time Markov chain representation. By relying on probabilistic model-checking techniques, we allow for quantitative evaluation of quality of service at early development stages.
KeywordsSugar Veri Derrick
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Abrial, J.R.: The B-Book: Assigning Programs to Meanings. Cambridge University Press (2005)Google Scholar
- 2.Abrial, J.R.: Modeling in Event-B. Cambridge University Press (2010)Google Scholar
- 7.Grunske, L.: Specification patterns for probabilistic quality properties. In: International Conference on Software Engineering, ICSE 2008, pp. 31–40. ACM (2008)Google Scholar
- 9.Industrial Deployment of System Engineering Methods Providing High Dependability and Productivity (DEPLOY): IST FP7 IP Project, http://www.deploy-project.eu/
- 11.Laibinis, L., Troubitsyna, E., Leppänen, S.: Formal Reasoning about Fault Tolerance and Parallelism in Communicating Systems. In: Butler, M., Jones, C., Romanovsky, A., Troubitsyna, E. (eds.) Methods, Models and Tools for Fault Tolerance. LNCS, vol. 5454, pp. 130–151. Springer, Heidelberg (2009)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 15.McIver, A.K., Morgan, C.C.: Abstraction, Refinement and Proof for Probabilistic Systems. Springer (2005)Google Scholar
- 17.Rodin: Event-B Platform, http://www.event-b.org/
- 19.Tarasyuk, A., Troubitsyna, E., Laibinis, L.: Quantitative Reasoning about Dependability in Event-B: Probabilistic Model Checking Approach. In: Dependability and Computer Engineering: Concepts for Software-Intensive Systems, pp. 459–472. IGI Global (2011)Google Scholar