New Efficient Method of Digital Video Stabilization for In-Car Camera
The problem of image stabilization in video sequences is important in many applications, including cameras mounted on vehicles. This type of vision systems can be used in vehicles that are the equipment of police and other road services as well as in driving assist systems. The stability of video aquired while driving directly affect the quality resulting in performance of further processing. In this paper, the new approach to digital video stabilization was presented. The proposed method is based on block-matching algorithm, namely Gray-Coded Bit Matching Plain. Modification of the algorithm improves performance by reducing the size of the analyzed block. This was achieved by the introduction of additional information of acceleration in the vertical axis aquired from accelerometer coupled with camera.
Keywordsimage stabilization accelerometer gray-coded bit plain matching in-car camera
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Amanatiadis, A., Gasteratos, A., Papadakis, S., et al.: Image Stabilization in Active Robot Vision. In: Ude, A. (ed.) Robot Vision, pp. 261–274. InTech (2010)Google Scholar
- 3.Drahanský, M., Orság, F., Hanáček, P.: Accelerometer Based Digital Video Stabilization for General Security Surveillance Systems. International Journal of Security and Its Applications (1), 1–10 (2010)Google Scholar
- 4.Ko, S.J., Lee, S.H., Jeon, S.W.: Fast Digital Image Stabilizer Based on Gray-Coded Bit-Plane Matching, pp. 90–91. IEEE, USA (1999)Google Scholar
- 5.Morimoto, C., Chellappa, R.: Evaluation of Image Stabilization Algorithms. Electrical Engineering 5, 3–6 (2002)Google Scholar
- 6.Sachs, D., Nasiri, S., Goehl, D.: Image Stabilization Technology Overview (February 20, 2012), http://www.invensense.com/shared/pdf/ImageStabilizationWhitepaper_051606.pdf
- 8.Vella, F., Castorina, A., Mancuso, M., Messina, G.: Robust Digital Image Stabilization Algorithm Using Block Motion Vectors, pp. 234–235. IEEE, USA (2002)Google Scholar
- 9.Yeh, Y.M., Wang, S.J., Chiang, H.C.: A Digital Camcorder Image Stabililzer Based on Gray Coded Bit-plane Matching. In: Proceedings of SPIE, vol. 4080, pp. 112–120 (2000)Google Scholar