Hardware Acceleration for Measurements in 100 Gb/s Networks
The paper presents the NetCOPE experimental platform for evaluation of 100 Gb/s networks. The platform consists of acceleration boards with FPGAs, FPGA firmware and control software. While the NetCOPE for 10 Gb/s networks is a mature platform, multiplying the throughput ten times brings major challenges in the platform design.
KeywordsFPGA 100 Gb/s hardware acceleration Ethernet PCI Express
- 1.COMBO-LXT. CESNET, http://www.liberouter.org/card_combolxt.php
- 2.Xilinx Virtex–6 FPGA Family. Xilinx, Inc., http://www.xilinx.com/products/silicon-devices/fpga/virtex-6/index.htm
- 3.Brelet, J.-L.: An overview of multiple cam designs in virtex family devices. Xilinx Applixation Note 201, Xilinx Inc. (1999)Google Scholar
- 4.National Research Council Committee on Academic Careers for Experimental Computer Scientists. Academic Careers for Experimental Computer Scientists and Engineers. The National Academies Press (1994)Google Scholar
- 5.Walma, M.: Pipelined cyclic redundancy check (crc) calculation. In: Proceedings of 16th International Conference on Computer Communications and Networks, ICCCN 2007, pp. 365–370 (August 2007)Google Scholar