Introduction to Fuzzy Systems
Fuzzy logic since its conception in 1965  has been used in various areas of science, economics, manufacturing, medicine etc [1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 9]. It constitutes, along with other methods such as neural networks or evolutionary algorithms, the idea of soft computing . Fuzzy sets used in fuzzy rules can be a tool to model linguistic values like “small” or “high” . This chapter presents basic definitions of fuzzy logic and fuzzy systems based on .
KeywordsMembership Function Fuzzy System Fuzzy Rule Inference Rule Fuzzy Inference System
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bezdek, J., Keller, J., Krisnapuram, R., Pal, N.: Fuzzy Models and Algorithms for Pattern Recognition and Image Processing. Kluwer Academic Press (1999)Google Scholar
- 2.Bezdek, J.C.: Fuzzy Models for Pattern Recognition. IEEE Press, New York (1992)Google Scholar
- 5.Jang, R.J.S., Sun, C.T., Mizutani, E.: Neuro-Fuzzy and Soft Computing, A Computational Approach to Learning and Machine Intelligence. Prentice-Hall, Upper Saddle River (1997)Google Scholar
- 6.Kuncheva, L.: Combining Pattern Classifiers. STUDFUZZ. John Wiley & Sons (2004)Google Scholar
- 7.Nauck, D.: Foundations of Neuro-Fuzzy Systems. John Wiley, Chichester (1997)Google Scholar
- 9.Rutkowski, L.: Flexible Neuro-Fuzzy Systems. Kluwer Academic Publishers (2004)Google Scholar