Method for Image Shape Recognition with Neural Network
Shape recognition is important for image retrieval. The selection of shape features and recognition model would directly affect the effectiveness of shape recognition. In the paper, seven invariant moments, circularity degree, rectangle degree, sphericity degree, concavity degree and flat degree are selected as description features. With the shape features, image shape is recognized with BP neural network. Evaluation is performed over a manual dataset. Experimental result show that the method is a preferred strategy to recognize image shape.
Keywordsshape recognition neural network BP shape feature
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Bayramog̃lu, N., Aydin Alatan, A.: Shape Index SIFT: Range Image Recognition Using Local Features. In: International Conference on Pattern Recognition, ICPR 2010, pp. 352–355. IEEE Press, New York (2010)Google Scholar
- 3.Haykin, S. (ed.): Neural Networks and Learning Machines. Prentice Hall, New Jersey (2009)Google Scholar
- 4.Gonzalez, R.C., Woods, R.E., Eddins, S.L. (eds.): Digital Image Processing Using MATLAB. Press of Electrical Industry, Beijing (2009)Google Scholar
- 5.Hu, M.K.: Visual Pattern Recognition by Moment Invariants. IRE Transaction of Information Theory IT-8 (1962)Google Scholar
- 8.Zhou, K., Kang, Y. (eds.): Neural Network Model and Simulation Program Design in Matlab. Press of Tsinghua University, Beijing (2005)Google Scholar
- 9.Zhu, K., Wang, Z. (eds.): Master Neural Networks in Matlab. Publishing House of Electronics Industry, Beijing (2010)Google Scholar