Calibration for Zooming Image Shrink-Amplify Center
According to the depth estimation, the calibration technology of zooming cameras, which combines the general method of camera calibration with characteristics of zooming cameras, is researched in this paper. By the least squares method, two coordinates of shrink-amplify center which have been generated under two different focal length are calibrated and analyzed. Thus, the foundation of depth estimation for zooming image would be laid. The experimental results show that the depth estimation can be done by shrink-amplify center which replaces the principal point and the coordinate of shrink-amplify center has good stability after calibrated many times.
KeywordsZooming image Depth estimation Shrink-amplify center Calibration
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Wang, J., Wang, Y.Q.: A Monocular Stereo Vision Algorithm Based on Bifocal Imaging. Robot 33(6), 935–937 (2007)Google Scholar
- 2.Liu, X.X., Wang, Y.Q.: Analysis of the Monocular Stereo System Based on Bifocal Imaging. Computer Measurement & Control 16(9), 1316–1318 (2008)Google Scholar
- 6.Lavest, J.M., Rives, G., Dhome, M.: Modeling an object of revolution by zooming. IEEE Transactions on Robotics and Automation 11(2), 267–271 (1995)Google Scholar
- 9.Asada, N., Baba, M., Oda, A.: Depth from blur by zooming. In: Proc. Vision Interface, pp. 165–172 (2001)Google Scholar
- 10.Baba, M., Asada, N., Oda, A., Migita, T.: A thin lens based camera model for depth estimation from defocus and translation by zooming. In: Proceedings of ICVI, pp. 274–281 (2002)Google Scholar
- 11.Baba, M., Asada, N., Oda, A., Yamashita, H.: Depth from Defocus by Zooming Using Thin Lens-Based Zoom Model. Electronics and Communications in Japan, 53–62 (2006)Google Scholar