A System of Robot Detecting and Tracking Moving Objects Based on Modified Optical Flow
Robot’s adaptability to surrounding as an essential subject of robot research is based on detecting environment precisely and acting timely. Moving object detection and tracking is an important approach of robot detecting external environment. Moving object detection and tracking based on computer vision means building a system with vision part and motor drive of the robot. In this paper, the robot estimates the motion of object and tracks it by driving motors according to the changes of optical flow fields got from modified optical flow calculation of collected images. In the experiment, this system responded quickly, stably and accurately. And it could make the robot move exactly and timely to respond to changes of surrounding.
KeywordsModified optical flow Moving object detection and tracking Computer vision
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Liu, M.X., Meng, F.: Research Progress of Moving Object Detection and Tracking Algorithm. Software 12, 85–88 (2010)Google Scholar
- 3.Horn, B.K.P., Schunck, B.G.: Determining Optical Flow. Artificial Intelligence (1981)Google Scholar
- 4.Lin, C.C., Wolf, M.: Detecting Moving Objects Using a Camera on a Moving Platform. In: IEEE International Conference on Pattern Recognition, pp. 460–463 (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Shi, G.D., Wang, J.Z.: Dynamic Background Moving Targets Detection and Tracking. Journal of Beijing University of Technology: Natural Science Edition 29, 858–860 (2009)Google Scholar
- 6.Wang, L.: Application of Optical Flow Technology in the Moving Target Detection and Tracking. National University of Defense Technology (2007)Google Scholar
- 7.Shi, G.D., Wang, J.Z., Wang, G.R.: Real-time Detection of Human Movement Based on the Optical Flow. Journal of Beijing University of Technology: Natural Science Edition 28, 794–79 (2008)Google Scholar
- 8.Tao, L.: Technology Image Information Acquisition Based on Optical Flow. Huazhong university of science and technology (2005)Google Scholar
- 9.Liu, G.F.: Optical Flow Calculation Technology. Journal of Southwest Jiaotong University 12, 856–863 (1997)Google Scholar