Effect of Turbocharging on Exhaust Brake Performance in an Automobile
More and more diesel engines had been used as power source in an automobile when power was increasing and exhaust regulations for an automobile became more and more strict. Because compression ratio of diesel engines was higher than that of gasoline vehicles its performance of exhaust brake was prior to that of gasoline vehicles. Turbocharger was commonly used to improve power and reduce fuel consumption ratio. Study on effect of turbocharger on exhaust brake for diesel engines had practical significance. In this paper the effect of turbocharger on exhaust brake had been studied by theory method.
KeywordsAutomobile Turbocharging Exhaust brake Diesel engine
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.He, J.: The design method of eddy current retarder in automobile and its performance analysis. Jiangsu University, Zhenjiang (2003) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 2.Ma, J., Chen, Y., Yu, Q., Guo, R.: Distance control for automotive’s stopping with retarder. China Journal of Highway and Transport 16(1), 108–112 (2003) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 3.Yu, Q., Chen, Y., Ma, J., Guo, R., Zhang, Q.: Study of non continuous linear control system of combining action with engine brake, exhaust brake and retarder. China Journal of Highway and Transport 18(1), 117–121 (2005) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 4.von der Bie, H., Summerauer, J., Ryti, M.: Exhaust Brake-The viewpoint of the manufactures of engines and vehicles. Retarders for Commercial Vehicles (August 1980)Google Scholar
- 6.Lee, K., Paek, K.: Optimal Robust Control of a Contactless Brake System Using an Eddy current. Mechatronics (9), 615–631 (1999)Google Scholar
- 7.Loehner, K., Stabl, G.: Die Schleppleistung der Viertkt-Dieselmotor bei Talfahrt. ATZ (11) (1956)Google Scholar
- 8.Smith, H.B.: Function analysis on exhaust brake. Retarders for Commercial Vehicles (August 1980)Google Scholar