The Algorithm for 3D Lotus Construction Based on Fractal
This paper gave the flower structure patterns on the observation and statistic. It provided computer simulation based on plant morphology and the principles of fractal graphics technology. The longitudinal curve of the petals is self-similarity. According to the results of observation and a lot of mathematical experiments, the author gave the 3D IFS code of lotus. The method generates the 3D petals and 3D flowers based on a second curve. The simulation result of the flowers is more realistic.
Keywordsfractal plant morphology IFS(Iterated Function System)
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Wang, L., Zeng, L.: Chrysanthemum modeling algorithm. Journal of Liaoning Technical University 26(3), 0410–0411 (2007)Google Scholar
- 2.Barnsley, M.F.: Fractals Everywhere. Academic Press, New York (1993)Google Scholar
- 3.Wang, Y., Zeng, L.: Fractal based 3 dimensional bamboo modeling algorithm. China Journal of Image and Graphics 12(1), 0177–0182 (2007)Google Scholar
- 4.Zeng, W., Wang, X.: Fractal and fractal computer simulation. Northeastern University press, Shenyang (2001)Google Scholar
- 5.Li, S., Wu, T.: The fractal and wavelet. Science Press, Beijing (2003)Google Scholar