Crowd Simulation Using Heat Conduction Model
In this paper, we introduce a novel method for crowd simulation using heat conduction model. In our algorithm, individuals actions were affected by their neighbours in addition to the outside events and these affections were calculated grounded on head conduction theories. In order to improve the calculation speed, we adopted ADI method to generate the results. At last, we mapped these affections into their actions. Using this algorithm, we can simulate more realistic crowd behaviours.
Keywordscrowd simulation heat conduction spectator behaviors
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Narain, R., Golas, A., Curtis, S., Lin, M.C.: Aggregate dynamics for dense crowd simulation. ACM Transactions on Graphics 28(5), 122:1–122:8 (2009)Google Scholar
- 5.Yu, Y., Song, W.: Cellular automaton simulation of pedestrian counter flow considering the surrounding environment. Physical Review E 75(4), 046112 (2007)Google Scholar
- 7.van den Berg, J., Patil, S., Sewall, J., Manocha, D., Lin, M.: Interactive navigation of multiple agents in crowded environments. In: I3D 2008 Proceedings of the 2008 Symposium on Interactive 3D Graphics and Games, pp. 139–147 (2008)Google Scholar
- 8.Thalmann, D.: Crowd simulation. Wiley Online Library (2007)Google Scholar
- 9.Gu, Q., Deng, Z.: Formation sketching: an approach to stylize groups in crowd simulation, pp. 1–8. Canadian Human-Computer Communications SocietyGoogle Scholar
- 10.Isobe, M., Helbing, D., Nagatani, T.: Experiment, theory, and simulation of the evacuation of a room without visibility. Physical Review E 69(6), 066132 (2004)Google Scholar
- 13.Braun, A., Bodmann, B.E.J., Musse, S.R.: Simulating virtual crowds in emergency situations. In: VRST 2005 Proceedings of the ACM Symposium on Virtual Reality Software and Technology, pp. 244–252 (2005)Google Scholar