Co-occurring Cluster Mining for Damage Patterns Analysis of a Fuel Cell
In this study, we research the mechanical correlations among components of solid oxide fuel cell (SOFC) by analyzing the co-occurrence of acoustic emission (AE) events which are caused by damage. Then we propose a novel method for mining patterns from the numerical data such as AE. The proposed method extracts patterns of two clusters considering co-occurrence between clusters and similarity within each cluster at the same time. In addition, we utilize the dendrogram obtained from hierarchical clustering for reduction of the search space. We applied the proposed method to AE data, and the damage patterns which represent the main mechanical correlations were extracted. We can acquire novel knowledge about damage mechanism of SOFC from the results.
Keywordsclustering co-occurrence pattern damage evaluation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Sato, K., Omura, H., Hashida, T., Yashiro, K., Kawada, T., Mizusaki, J., Yugami, H.: Tracking the onset of damage mechanism in ceria-based solid oxide fuel cells under simulated operating conditions. Journal of Testing and Evaluation 34(3), 246–250 (2006)Google Scholar
- 6.Kitagawa, T., Fukui, K.-i., Sato, K., Mizusaki, J., Numao, M.: Extraction of Essential Events with Application to Damage Evaluation on Fuel Cells. In: Hatzilygeroudis, I., Prentzas, J. (eds.) Combinations of Intelligent Methods and Applications. SIST, vol. 8, pp. 89–108. Springer, Heidelberg (2011)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 7.Agrawal, R., Srikant, R.: Fast algorithms for mining association rules. In: Proc. of 20th International Conference on Very Large Databases (ICVLD), pp. 487–499 (1994)Google Scholar
- 8.Agrawal, R., Gehrke, J., Gunopulos, D., Raghavan, P.: Automatic subspace clustering of high dimensional data for data mining applications. In: Proc. of the 1998 ACM SIGMOD International Conference on Management of Data (ICMD), pp. 94–105 (1998)Google Scholar
- 9.Mitsunaga, Y., Washio, T., Motoda, H.: Mining Quantitative Frequent Itemsets Using Adaptive Density-Based Subspace Clustering. In: Proc. of the 5th International Conference on Data Mining (ICDM), pp. 793–796 (2005)Google Scholar
- 11.Yairi, T., Ishihama, N., Kato, Y., Hori, K., Nakasuka, S.: Anomaly Detection Method For Spacecrafts Based on Association Rule Mining. Journal of Space Technology and Science 17(1), 1–10 (2001)Google Scholar
- 12.Kleinberg, J.: Bursty and hierarchical structure in streams. In: Proc. the 8th ACM SIGKDD International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (KDD 2002), pp. 91–101 (2002)Google Scholar
- 13.Kohonen, T.: Self-organizing maps. Springer (1995)Google Scholar