Text Dependent Voice Based Biometric Authentication System Using Spectrum Analysis and Image Acquisition
Biometrics is concerned with identifying a person based on the physical or behavioral traits of him such as face, fingerprints, voice and iris. With the pronounced need for robust human recognition techniques in critical applications such as secure access control, international border crossing and law enforcement. Biometrics is a viable technology that can be used into large-scale identity management systems. Biometric systems work under the assumption that many of the physical or behavioral traits of humans are distinctive to an individual, and that they can be precisely acquired using sensors and represented in a numerical format that helps in automatic decision-making in the context of authentication. In the presented approach effort has been made to design a Voice based Biometric Authentication system with desired aspiration level.
KeywordsAuthentication Biometric Image acquisition Spectrum
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Rabiner, L.R., Schafer, R.W.: Digital Processing of Speech Signals. Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs (1978)Google Scholar
- 4.Gupta, S., Bhattachryya, M., Chatterjee, S.: Variable length cumulative key size and seed based symmetric key cryptographic algorithm using composite 3-D transposition substitution and Chaining Technique. In: Proc. of the IEEE International Conference on Advances in Communication, Network and Computing (CNC) 2010, pp. 109–113 (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Gupta, S., Sengupta, S., Bhattachryya, M., Chatterjee, S., Sen Sharma, B.: Cellular Phone Based Web Authentication System Using 3-D Encryption Technique under Stochastic Framework. In: Proc. of the 1st IEEE Asian Himalayas International Conference on Internet (AH-ICI) 2009, pp. 1–5 (2009)Google Scholar
- 12.Ho, P., Armington, J.: A Dual-Factor Authentication System Featuring Speaker Verification and Token Technology. In: Kittler, J., Nixon, M.S. (eds.) AVBPA 2003. LNCS, vol. 2688, Springer, Heidelberg (2003)Google Scholar
- 13.Rothacker, R.J., Mammone, R.J., Davidovici, S.: Spectrum enhancement using linear programming. In: IEEE Int. Cunf. Acoust. Speech Signal Processing, Tokyo, Japan, pp. 43.10.1–43.10.4 (1986)Google Scholar
- 15.Rabiner, L.R., Juang, B.-H.: Fundamentals of Speech Recognition. Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs (1993)Google Scholar