A New Approach for Hand Gesture Based Interface
This paper presents a new approach for controlling mouse movement and implementing mouse functions using a real-time camera. Most existing approaches involve changing mouse parts such as adding more but-tons or changing the position of the tracking ball. In-stead, we propose to change the hardware design. Our method is to use a camera, image comparison technology and motion detection technology to control mouse movement and implement its functions (right click, left click, scrolling and double click).
KeywordsHCI Sixth Sense VLCJ
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Park, H.: A Method for Controlling Mouse Movement using a Real-Time Camera, www.cs.brown.edu/research/pubs/theses/masters/2010/park.pdf2010 (online; acessed November 28, 2010)
- 2.Erdem, A., Yardimci, E., Atalay, Y., Cetin, V., Acoustics, A.E.: Computer vision based mouse. In: Proceedings of IEEE International Conference Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing, ICASS (2002)Google Scholar
- 3.Vision based Men-Machine Interaction, http://www.ceng.metu.edu.tr/~vbi/
- 4.Lien, C.-F.: Portable Vision-Based HCI - A Real-time Hand Mouse System on Handheld Devices Google Scholar
- 5.Jordan, B.C.: Hyokwon Lee mouse free (2009-2010), http://www.seas.upenn.edu/cse400/CSE400-2009-2010/nal-report/Jordan-lee.pdf (accessed November 28, 2010)
- 6.Pranavmistry, Sixthsense, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfV4R4x2SK0 (online; accessed November 28, 2010)
- 7.Mark dot lee Java bindings for the vlc media player, http://www.capricasoftware.co.uk/vlcj/index.php (online; accessed May 1, 2011)
- 8.Pranavmistry, Mouseless, http://www.pranavmistry.com/projects/mouseless/ (online; accessed November 28, 2010)
- 9.Shaker, N., Abou Zliekha, M.: Real-time Finger Tracking for Interaction. Damascus Univ., Damascus (2007), http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/search/freesrchabstract.jsp