Retracted: Speed Optimization in an Unplanned Lane Traffic Using Swarm Intelligence and Population Knowledge Base Oriented Performance Analysis
Comparative Analysis of Speed Optimization Technique in Unplanned Traffic is a very promising research problem. Searching for an efficient optimization method to increase the degree of speed optimization and thereby increasing the traffic flow in an unplanned zone is a widely concerning issue. However, there has been a limited research effort on the optimization of the lane usage with speed optimization. This paper presents a novel technique to solve the problem optimally using the knowledge base analysis of speeds of vehicles, using partial modification of Swarm Intelligence which, in turn will act as a guide for design of lanes optimally to provide better optimized traffic with less number of transitions between lanes.
KeywordsCurrent Speed Swarm Intelligence Speed Optimization Population Information Urban Freeway
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kononov, J., Bailey, B., Allery, B.K.: The relationship between safety and congestion. Journal of the Transportation Research Board, No. 2083Google Scholar
- 2.Differentiated speed limits. In: European Transport Conference Differentiated Speed Limits (2007) Google Scholar
- 3.Messer, C.J., Fambro, D.B.: Critical lane analysis for intersection design. Transportation Research Record (644), 26–35 (1977)Google Scholar
- 4.Ghosal, P., Chakraborty, A., Das, A., Kim, T.-H., Bhattacharyya, D.: Design of Non-accidental Lane. In: Advances in Computational Intelligence, Man-Machine Systems and Cybernetics, pp. 188–192. WSEAS Press (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Ghosal, P., Chakraborty, A., Banerjee, S.: Design of Efficient Knowledge Based Speed Optimization Algorithm in Unplanned Traffic. IUP Journal of Computer Sciences (in press)Google Scholar